Let The Training Begin

- Adam's POV -

So today Cece promised me that she'd start teaching me some ultimate combat defence mechanisms- aka tips on how to kick butt. I'm so excited to start the training, and to hang around Cece again.....WAIT WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST THINK?!

Adam and Cece...sitting in a tree that super irritating voice inside my head sang

Shut up....I don't love her. We're not even friends, she's just helping me I answer back

Right, you're not friends.......you're way MORE than friends it answered

I sigh in frustration and begin putting stuff in my backpack. Water bottle, fighting gloves, boxing gloves, boxing pads.....I'm pretty sure that's all Cece said to pack

I look at the time, crap it's already 7 am and I was supposed to meet Cece at the gym by 6:30.........oh crap

I grab my backpack and sprint towards the gym....hoping Cece won't be too mad, even though she's pretty cute when she's mad.

EEWWWWW DID I REALLY JUST SAY THAT?!

Yes, yes you did lover boy the voice in my head speaks up

Oh piss off I answer out loud

- Cece's POV -

Where the hell is he?!

It's already 7 am and we were planning to meet at the gym by 6:30, ugh I should've known he wouldn't take it seriously. This is a bloody war we're talking about! You can't just stroll into training whenever you feel like it!!! I started training at 5am because a) I can't sleep and b) I always train at 5, but seeing how Adam isn't used to my crazy training hours I said by 6:30. And he agreed so there is no valid reason why he should be LATE.

I go back to taking my anger out on the punching bag. About two minutes later Adam came bursting through the door, with his shirt inside out (and back to front) and two different types of shoes on.

He looks so scared at to what my reaction would be- I know I SHOULD be furious like I was two minutes ago but just one look at him and I just start cracking up laughing.

He looks confused for about a second but then joins in laughing. I just point to the toilet door and in between laughing I burst out "Go....get......changed" than almost die of laughing.

A minute later he comes out again with his clothes on correctly this time. He grins while putting on the fighting gloves I gave him and walks over to me. After 30 minutes of teaching him the correct fighting stance (and literally 27 minutes of him trying to master it properly)

Let's just say that I'm gonna make him PAY for being late.

- Adam's POV -

After about 4 hours of hardcore training I was wondering why I actually agreed to doing this. What really annoys me though is how Cece isn't even breaking a sweat, and then there's me looking like Niagara Falls over here.

"Are you alright? We can stop if you want and just end it early for today" she stops practising her perfect side kicks and faces me.

"Yeah I might head out early if that's alright, I'm pretty exhausted." I say while trying to catch my breath.

She just nods and returns back to her side kicks. How does she still have the energy to do that?!

"Aren't you coming?" I ask dumbfounded

"Nah I'm good thanks, I do much longer hours. For me- 4 hours is my warm up" she starts punching the punching bag again

"How long do you usually train?"

"Around 9-12 hours everyday" she responds, without looking at me.

I just stand there gaping, WHO TRAINS FOR 9-12 HOURS?!

- Cece's POV -

Adam looks so shocked at my answer. I told him that I had a very strong reason to fight- so I need to train in order to avenge my family's deaths.

"Don't look so surprised Adam. I told you my family's..........gone" I didn't want to say the word "dead" because I don't want to believe it either. I add " So I have to train and fight regularly, in order to stay fit and strong and to make The Renegades PAY for killing my family" I count to 10 under my breath in order to stay calm.

He looks so sympathetic then answers "I'll stay- if you can motivate yourself to do it, than I can at least try" he smirks

I roll my eyes while laughing and say rather dramatically

"Well then, Let the Training Begin"