Ambush

Tommy, Joel and I were in patrol not far from Jackson when we suddenly heard some infected coming close to us. They seemed to be a lot. We got off our horses and we crouched behind a rock. I asked them a question :

"You think this is an horde ?"

"I think so. They are at the pursuit of someone." Answered Joel calmly.

We drew our guns and we waited for someone to show up. After a while we saw a girl going out of the wire fence. It was a blond woman, muscular and with a beanie. She was pursuing by the horde. I was going to get on my horse "Buck" but I saw Joel and Tommy rushing at the infected and helping her. I aimed at the infected and I shot. Joel led us to a house and I closed the door. The infected were charging at the door and suddenly we heard a clicker.

"Joel and I will clear the exit. You two, you kill them."

I answered to Tommy while I was already shooting on the infected.

"Alright."

I saw the woman shooting and them too and I frowned. I have a bad presentiment about her and it's strange that Joel who is the one who believe in none, help her. We kept shooting at the infected and after a while Joel and Tommy told us to join them. We pushed the cable car and we left the house for kept running into the snow then Tommy led us to an another house. We entered and Joel and I barricaded the door. Tommy approached the girl and he started talking to her :

"Hey. I'm Tommy. That's Joel and that's Zoya."

I saw Abby make a weird face when she heard Joel's name. It's like she recognized him because of his name but Joel and Tommy seemed to ignore it. So Tommy kept talking to her :

"What's your name ?"

"Abby."

"Abby, are you okay ?" Continued Tommy trying to calm her.

We turned back to the door due to the noises because of the infected who were trying to enter.

"That ain't gonna hold. We gotta go back." Started Joel aiming with his gun at the door.

"We ain't gonna outrun them all the way to Jackson. We need to barricade this door." Said Tommy disagreeing with Joel.

Suddenly we saw a chair who was barricading another door fall.

"Joel is right. We have to go. Now !" I said to Tommy.

"We cannot stay here !" Said Joel to Tommy for trying to convince him.

"The horses ain't makin' it all that way--"

"My friends ! My friends are at a mansion just north of here. It's fenced in. We have the whole perimeter secure." Said Abby quickly.

"It's the Baldwin place." Answered Joel and I at the same time.

"That could work." Continues Joel.

"All right I get the door." Said Tommy.

"All right, you ride with me. C'mon." Said Joel to Abby. 

We left the house by another door and we get on our horses. We left the area and we killed some infected from the horde while we were going at the Baldwin place. I still don't trust this Abby. I feel it in guts that something terrible is about to happened. We finally arrived at the mansion and we heard some guys saying us to hurry up we entered and they closed the front gate. They shot some infected and then a guy burned them with a Molotov cocktail. 

"Let's get inside." Said the one with the Molotov cocktail.

Abby get off Joel's horse first and she waited for us to get off too. Then she led us to the mansion. We entered and we tied our horses. I looked at Abby who was talking with a guy with a long beard and a girl started talking to us.