Chapter 9

CASSIDY'S POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sit at my desk, scribbling down the finishing touches of my essay; The paper was due today. I only had 10 seconds left to spill my thoughts down on the paper.

"And time! Thank you for being so cooperitive.", my english teacher announces.

I quietly set my pencil down on my desk and decide that I'm ready for my grade. The teacher walks around the room to collect our papers.

I stare down at my desk, thinking hard about my secret. I had to keep quiet, but its so difficult to keep a secret this huge away from everyone.

I look over my shoulder and I see Zoey. Sleeping in class as uselly.

"Psst! Zoey!", I say to her.

She dosn't move an inch.

"Zoey!", I say and repeatly, tap her on the shoulder.

She wakes up startled as to what the situation is.

"Ahh! Who is it? Where am I?", she hollors out at the class.

She then becomes embarressed and hides under her desk. "Hahah! Looks like I toke a bit of a catnap durring english, didn't I? Haha!", Zoey says. Now that I know her secret, I understand why she acts that way.

I suddenly glance up and see a handsome, guy walk in. My heart skips a beat. I can't take my eyes off him.

He sits down next to me and his binder makes a thud on his desk.

I can't help but stare. I can't help but smile.

I think I....

I....

Suddenly, without warning, my ears and tail pop out.

I quickly cover up my tail and ears and run to the back of the room and out the door to the bathroom. I bump into Zoey's desk and she turns her head to watch me leave.

She quickly follows me into the girls bathroom and and try to help me.

"Cassidy... are you okay?", Zoey asks.

I don't make a sound. My breathing comes to, almost, a complete halt.

"Umm..", is all I can say.

"Does this have to do with being a Mew Mew?", she asks quietly enough that her voice won't echo out the bathroom.

"Yes... and no.", I answer.

My ears and tail finally hide once more and I let out a sigh of relief.

I open the bathroom stall, and Zoey is standing in front of me.

I was a little frusterated with her.

"Why didn't you tell me that whenever I get excited, my ears and tail pop out?!?", I ask furiously.

"I didn't know that happened to you too!", Zoey says in shock.

"Do you know why they came out of nowhere?", Zoey asks.

I hesitate.

"I....

saw a boy....", I start quietly.

"Really?!? Your ears and tail pop out whenever you get excited too?!?", Zoey exclaimes a little louder.

"Yeah!", I say.

Zoey then stops everything she's doing.

"Wait......

Who's this boy?", she asks with a smile.