Chapter 1

CASSIDY'S POV

******

"8th grade. My favorite grade", I said sarcastically to my best friend, Zoey.

She's the best friend I could ever ask for! She's kind, caring, looks out for me, tells me motivational speeches whenever I feel down.

"School work will be harder, the test will be more difficult and this year, I want everything to change", I said while walking towards my locker.

I am honestly really nervous about this year but I will just have to go through it....just like everyone else.

"Don't sweat it, Cassidy, you'll be fine! And the best part is that I'm going to go through 8th grade with you!"

I hugged her, giving her a sign that I support her. Suddenly, Zoey's phone rings.

"Who could that be?", she asks while grabbing her phone out of her pink handbag.

She reads who the phone call is from.

"It's from Mark! Uhh Cassidy? Do you mind if I take this?", Zoey asks with kind eyes.

"Of course, go ahead!"

She turns her back to me and starts talking to her boyfriend, Mark.

They have been dating for as long as I could remember.

I'ts strange but she dosn't talk to Mark that often. I wonder if what she's going through with him is really personal.

"Ok see later...I love you too Mark", Zoey says and hangs up.

Zoey then faces me once more.

"Sorry about that", she says, her hands behind her back with an innocent look placed upon her face.

"No really its alright!"

The bell sounds, warning us that it's time for class.

"Hey see you in English?"

"Yup! See ya later Cassidy!"