"About yesterday," she begins, sobering off her sleepiness.  I cut her off before she could continue.  I lay my head on hers, feeling exhaustion hit me already, I whisper,

"Forget it."

She smiles, "Okay well, good thing you made me breakfast because today I need all the energy I could get," she said, grabbing her plate before sitting across from me.

"Why is that?" I mused.

"Are you kidding me? Serena, today is the ball!," she exclaims, "I'm 100% taking you shopping and you are 100% gonna get a beautiful dress that will 100% turn so many heads.  Blake's and Xavier's specifically," she gave me a pointed look before continuing mischievously, "Who knows?  Maybe this year you will finally come out with one of them on a leash!" she hinted with a wink.

I let out a sigh, "I'll take you up on the shopping offer, only because I actually don't know what to wear.  Other than that, I'm gonna ignore the rest of what you said."

"Fine," she says stretching the I.

"Go get ready.  It's already 11am, I'll wait in the car."

I hear a soft 'okay' as I walk out and make my way to the garage.  Unlocking my absolutely beautiful black and purple Lamborghini centenario, I get in and connect my phone to the car while I wait.

After a few minutes, the passenger door opens and Tess hops in.

I'm gonna knock myself out.

I run my hands through my black hair in absolute frustration, "Tess please, it's been 5 fucking hours.  Can we just get this one and leave?"

"Okay, okay, fine." She huffs, striding towards me with a dress over her arms, "Just try this last one on, I think it's the deal breaker!" She squeals excitedly, passing me the black dress.  I imitate her huff, grabbing the dress and walking into the change room.

I turn my back to the annoyingly huge mirror and put the dress on.  Once it is on and zipped up, I gulp before slowly turning to the mirror.  The dress fits perfectly, obviously as it is my size, and it hugs my upper body just the way I want it to.  It is tight down to the waist before flowing elegantly down my legs.  A slit starting from mid upper thigh adds to the dress the same way the off shoulder elegant straps do.  The neckline is a sweetheart neckline with a little deep dip that shows more cleavage.  The rich darkness of the dress brings light to my purple eyes, subtly complimenting them.  The belt around the waist highlights the curve prettily.  The dress was gorgeous on me but it reminded me of how flawless I would've been if he hadn't ruined me.

My heart bangs as I try to think of the amount of exposed scars this dress reveals and how I would conceal them with makeup. My mood darkens at the thought so I look away from the mirror.  I crack my fingers nervously but I manage a stoic expression as I open the door to face Tess.