Chapter Two: Take A Shot.

Start from the beginning

"Then why are you yawning?" My glare did nothing to waver his serious expression. Next to me, Yasmeen giggled, tapping me on the arm.

"I bought grapes for you in the fridge." She said.

"You didn't have to."

"Well, I did," She cupped my face with her hands. "Eat them while you're studying and if we don't see you before tonight then good luck, okay? We'll be outside after you're done."

This was Yasmeen. One of the best and most heartwarming people I knew. I whipped my head to Clayton. "Why can't you be like her? A nice person?"

"I woke you up," Clayton said, getting up to join a few others in a round of flip cup.

"I hate you."

"Uh-huh." He said absentmindedly, setting the cup in a proper position on the edge of the table before one of the boys yelled go.

Partially drowsy, I listened to Yasmeen explain to me who was friends with her and who was friends with Mariam as everyone chatted, drank and played games.  Almost everyone stood with a cup in front of them, a little bit of alcohol within each one but in the center, a red solo cup was filled to the brim.

My eyes went wide as the game started and everyone chugged down the alcohol in their own cups before setting it down upright in a proper position to flick it.  Mariam's hands went up in victory when her cup landed face down.

She turned to me. She wore a purple crop top and white pants. But the brightness of her pants didn't deviate from the way she beamed from her win. "Did you see that?"

"I did." I smiled, loving that she was already tipsy. She sat down on my lap and the three of us watching everyone else flip their cups in a frantic frenzy.

"Clayton's going to lose," I muttered to Mariam and Yasmeen.

"Shut up!" He laughed, giving me the middle finger as he became one of the last three yet to flip their cup over.

"Get ready to drink it all, buddy," I pestered. "You're not even going to make it to the concert."

"Yes, I will."

"Highly doubt it." I got into his head, grinning when it was only him and another girl left in the round.

He frowned, struggling to set his cup again when the girl flicked her own one more time and screamed excitedly when it landed face down.

Clayton's head whipped towards me and I tapped Mariam off of me, already bolting out of the kitchen. "Shit, shit, shit," My curses turned into laughs as he ran after me.

He reached for me, the breeze kickstarting my heart as I scrambled away from his touch. He missed my shirt by a fraction, just grazing the fabric. He was fast but thankfully I was faster, making it to my room upstairs in time to shut the door just as he almost reached it.

"Jay!" He yelled from the other side.

"Loser," I shouted. 

"You're going to have to come downstairs eventually," He said, and then I heard a sigh. "You are coming with us for the morning for a bit, right?"

"Yeah, I am."

"Okay, good," He tapped the door once. "Wouldn't be Homecoming with you."

Oh. If it was possible for my heart to warm up in my chest it would have. Clayton, Yasmeen and Mariam--three people I did not expect to become great friends with entering HU and I was over the moon I had them in my lives.

"Clayton?" I asked.

"Yeah?"

"Don't get too drunk from the cup, okay?" I joked.