"Yeah. Will didn't come today, I don't know why, but I ate some cereal".

"Alright. I'm gonna go now, I'll see you later", I wave as I leave. Quickly grabbing my keys, I make my way over to where my car is parked, starting the journey to the restaurant.

As I pull up, I find a parking spot right next to Hayley's car. I walk in, seeing her at a table to the left. "Hey", she says as I slide in opposite her.

"Hey, hope I didn't make you wait too long".

"No no, it's cool. I literally just got here", she puts her phone down. "So, what's been going on with you and Romeo?" She smirks, jokingly.

"Nothing", I roll my eyes. "What's going on with you and Jacob?"

"Uhh", she stops as the waiter walks up to our table.

"Hi, can I get you guys any drinks?"

"Hi, yeah can I get a glass of orange juice please", I put the menu down after choosing what I want.

"I'll get the same, please. Thank you", Hayley says. The waiter writes it down before nodding, and leaving the table.

"Carry on, you didn't answer my question", I chuckle at her pouting face.

"I texted him", she mumbles.

"And?"

"He texted back", I hold back my squeal, seeing as were in a restaurant. "We've been talking", she shrugs, as if it's no big deal.

"Let me see", I hold my hand out for her to give me her phone. "Thank you", I sing as she passes it to me, leaving me to scroll through the messages. "You guys are gonna be a cute couple", I gush.

"Chill, it's not even been a week yet", she takes her phone back as the waiter comes back with our drinks.

"Thank you", we both say.

"Are you ready to order, or should I come back?"

"No, we're ready", I look at Hayley and she nods. "Can I get the chicken wraps please", he nods.

"And can I get spaghetti bolognese please".

"Is that all?"

"Uh, yes. Thank you".

✯✯✯✯

After lunch, Hayley and I went to the mall until we both decided we'd go home.

"Hello?" I say as I answer my phone.

"Hey, are you on your way back?" Romeo asks.

"Yeah I'm almost there, but I'm driving so I've gotta go".

"Alright, see you in a bit", he hangs up. Soon after, I pull up into his driveway, parking over to the left, getting out and making my way inside.

"I'm back", I announce, walking into the living room.

"Hey", Romeo says from the couch, leaning back with his arms out.

"Wait, let me take my shoes off", I mutter, pulling my sneakers off before going to sit next to Romeo, wrapping my arms around his waist. "Where's Parker?"

"He went out with Max, Megan and a few of their other friends from school, to the fair. Max insisted on going", he pauses. "More like begged because he really wanted to go, but he told me not to tell anyone", I chuckle. "Are you doing anything tonight?" He speaks, quietly. I shake my head. "We're going out".

"What? Like a date?" I ask, hesitantly.

"I—I mean, yeah", I sigh in relief.

"That would've been so awkward if I said that and you said no", I chuckle, sitting up. "What should I wear?"