Episode 20: Simplicity Of End

Start from the beginning

               The size of this army that keeps me frozen as Carl get's up, the image of them shaking small trees out of their way, dirty and possessed with a taste for our open flesh.

               This is what we're up against?!

               This is what we're facing?!

               "Come on!" I feel Carl try to pull me, my body still at the realization, the horrible realization, that the world is crumbling, being eaten, literally, and there is nothing stopping them.

               We are victims, and we're going to die.

               We're fvcked.

               "Spes! Dammit!" I feel a shock of heat hit my cheek that lands me on the ground, the dull slap of Carl's hand on my face has me shaking a bit, but fvck, what the heIl!?

               "What?!"

               "Get up! Come on! Snap out of it!" I watch him reach out for me and I immediately wrap my hand to grasp his forearm while he does the same.

               "I need to get my stuff!" I don't even wait for him to say anything. I just feel the adrenaline rush me to my sh1t, the Infected already rounding the house and standing several feet away. Okay, just stuff the speakers into my bag, grab the sword-

               "Come on!" Carl is already waiting for me, his weapon pulled out to aim and fire, and I make the mistake of turning my head to look at a walker nearby when I feel one right behind me, the way it begins to pin me down on the porch while the other starts to come at my endangered life has me sucking the earth's entire atmosphere into my throat with how badly I just got surprised.

               A simple ping of shot has both of them dead though and if it were any other day, I'd take my fvcking time to process this sh1t, but it's today, and it has me kicking the dead as$hole off and sitting up to sprint directly towards Carl, peaceful day gone, invasion of death taking over, while we run as fast as we can to leave the overthrown shack.

               After 10 minutes, I'm already starting to feel the strain under my chest at how fast I'm running, craving some fvcking oxygen before I pass out or my legs fall off from how hard I'm working them.

               Carl isn't even wearing his hat. He's got it in his hand and is running just as fast as I am, well, a little faster, and we're practically a mile away from where we just got the sh1t scared out of us when we finally stop, my hands on my knees, my chest heaving in and out, and my face cold from the slight chill in the air that I didn't notice before. Fvck, I'm never smoking if this is what it feels like.

               Ok. Ok. Alive. I'm alive.

               We're both ok. Just breathe.

               Drink some water.

               "Carl?" I heave. "Can I have some-"

               "What the heIl was that?" I look up to see my crush standing up straight, a little out of breath, but occupied enough with glaring at me to disregard it.

               Um...

               "Excuse me?" I take a large inhale of air before standing posturing up, my loose, long sleeved shirt, almost see through white material starts to stick to my sweating skin while my black tank hugs my developing figure, it's fitting shape suddenly feels confining since I'm breathing so hard.