Chapter 42: Monsterous

"Come on!!" I fist my hands and bang on this door that no one has been smart enough to open while I'm cold and can't even fvcking feel my limbs anymore, and I don't know when the side of my hands started to bleed, but it's because of this rusted and rough feeling barrier that's been keeping me out, and I'm beginning to get really, really pissed off.

               Oh gosh, but it's nothing compared to how cold I am!

               "Fvck." I mumble and turn my hand, the entire arm shaking because of me moving even a random bit, proving it to be difficult to clutch my saber's handle.

               What the heIl?! Why is no one coming!? Those fvcking as$holes!

               "Hey!" I try to position the tip of my sword on the lock, but it's dropped from my hands and on the ground a second before the wind picks up, snow hitting the side of my numb red face, and wow. So...this is what, frozen gums feel like...Oh yeah. I've definitely wondered. Spent my nights awake and dreaming about becoming a human popsicle.

               "Ha...ok. Defin-n-nite-ly...gonna get a cold...af-f-ter-"

               After this...Oh geez, I don't care. As long as they get me before I have to resort to Estela's, 'stick your hand down your underwear' trick, it's alright by me. I'll pardon those morons for not finding me after I get my hands on that little girl, just find me!

               Dammit! Ok. Officially, go figure, I can't feel my toes.

               Sh1t!

               Sh1t...

               "Dammit." Now what?

_____________________

-Carl's P.O.V.-

               "This place is colder than the snow queens vagi-"

               "Anthony!" A woman cuts her husband off from...whatever the heIl he was about to say, glad I didn't hear all of it, while I chatter my teeth a little, huffing out clouds of air in the hallway while the wind lets off a whistling sound outside the windows.

               I don't think I've ever been this damm cold in my life. I can barely feel my toes. Last few winters it's been hard, but this time it feels even chillier than usual.

               "Carl?"

               "Yeah?" I turn around, only to catch myself sighing at the view of Lily looking up at me, her big blue eyes fixated as I struggle to figure out how to ditch her for the 3rd time in a row. I'm starting to think I should've never introduced myself.

               Gosh, if Judith ever turns out like this, I'm gonna be either really annoyed or really confused. Well, if it's Judith I probably won't care but, Lily is honestly starting to annoy me. I keep trying to help everyone in my sight, as well as looking for Spes, don't know where she is, and I'm caught off guard more and more by her visits.

               I wonder if Spes is having trouble with those little boys fighting to take her sword away. Ha.

               "Can I see your gun?" I feel a hand tug on my leg and I swear I shrink away at least ten feet before noticing she's holding my weapon. "It's heavy." She comments while messing with it.

               "Don't do that." I walk back and take it from her, or at least try to, and I can see why Spes was starting to lose patience since I'm nearing the end of my rope as well. I'm a boyfriend in search of his girlfriend and instead of finding her, this kid keeps finding me. Yeah, I can see how I'm getting pissed off. "It's loaded." I inform her. Should've known she wouldn't care.