Six

"I can't believe she feels that way about me. Although this would explain why you want me to spend more time with her... and the way she stared at me at the ball..."

  "Alexander-" he cut her off with a kiss, and she eagerly kissed back, not thinking at all in the moment about how wrong this was.

"Nothing to worry about, my Angelica, I'll write my way out."

"I've seen the way she obsesses over you, you can't write your way out of this one."

"Angelica, it's getting late, should I take you home?"

"Sure." He kissed her again, this one long, sweet, passionate. When they finally pulled away, Angelica got onto the horse and gestured for Alexander to ride on the back. Little did they know that someone was watching...

•••

"Angelica. Where the hell have you been?!"

"I've been out."

"Don't talk to me in that tone! WHERE. WERE. YOU."

"I've just been out, okay?!"

"I can't wait until you marry John Church. He'll teach you discipline for sure."

"I'll say this one time and one time only; I. DO. NOT. WANT. TO. MARRY."

"You will do this. You will do what's best for this family."

"You don't know what I feel and how I feel. I have a suitor whom I love very, very, very much."

"Is he rich?" Philip expressed a sudden interest in this man.

"No."

"Then fall out of love."

"I'm afraid you don't have a clue about love." She left him with that.

•••

~Three Weeks Later~

"Angelica!" Peggy cried, running excitedly towards her. "The Marquis has asked me the question!"

"Yes! You really like him, don't you?"

"I think I've fallen in love..."

"Then say yes, or your sister's going to be mad. Who cares about what Papa says?"

"You're right! I'll go meet him right now!" She said, starting to run off. "Maybe I should eat first..."

"You should!" Angelica laughed, and they walked to breakfast together. When they sat down, their father had something to say. "Now, it's been almost a month since the ball, and I see none of you have a worthy suitor."

"I do, Papa!" Peggy piped up. "He's asked me to marry him!"

"Will he elevate the family status?" Philip asked hopefully.

"I think you know him. The Marquis de Lafayette."

"Excuse me for a brief moment..." Philip walked into the kitchen to tell his wife and they had a little celebration together. "Say yes, Peggy." He said as he came back. "Now, Angelica, Eliza-"

"I mentioned him to you, I'm pretty sure-" Angelica started.

"I have a suitor who loves me like you love us!" Eliza yelled out.

"Oh my god! Eliza, who is it?" Angelica asked.

"Alexander Hamilton," Eliza said, shooting a dirty look at Angelica. "I know he loves me, I'm sure his pride is getting in the way of telling me."