43. Akaashi Keiji | Castle

🖇

🖇. This oneshot was meant to
be published way before
oneshot #23 (alluvion) were
to even have its debut in
this book but I like depressing
shits so I only started writing
this now.

╭─────────╮

I want to steal your soul
and have you in my
treasure chest

╰─────────╯

Roses were thrown into the rink while you glide along the ice to thank the audience for watching your performance. Your skin had hints of red on them while you continue to wave at each person who yelled your name out and that meant - each and every one of them. You pulled the pin that were securing your hair into a neat bun and glitters fell off of your strands , another proof that even from your overall attire -you gave it your all.

Your eyes came in contact with your lover's and you shot him a smile. He meekly nodded his head . He was proud.

Damn hell , he have the time he needed to boast about your talent. The man chuckled when you teasingly winked at him then shaking his head as if he was striked by another of cupid's arrow that went rogue.

He's truly inlove , wasn't he?

────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

"It looks so beautiful!" You skidded , pointing a finger at the trophy that is now displayed at the very top of the shelf. It blended in with the rest of the awards that you've garnered these passed few years. It was unhumanly possible for everything to have a golden wash that reflect the stars.

Every once in a while , you appreciated your hardworks and those golden glories were there to prove it. Keiji stood beside you , hands intertwined with yours and just at the exact moment ,you went to rest your head on his chest. He momentarily held his breath when he felt his cheeks heat up - years of being with you and still you still give him the butterflies and he do hope that the same goes for you.

He stroked your hair softly , you were undebiably gorgeous today. You swayed to the music like you own the stadium and he - along with the others - were left astonished by your talent.

He saw your smile everytime you went across this shelf of recognition that were dedicated only for you. Akaashi -- who wasn't even into the sport before , had found his way to love it because of your passion. You were the one to motivate him , get him to start his day positively. He knew everything

But were you really happy?

"When the next tournament ends, I'm going to quit."

Waves of thoughts flooded both of your minds. He bit his lip while his eyes went to ask for the question. You saw his lack of words and yet you smiled at him .

"I've been planning for quite some time and we're about to graduate from college. I think it'd be the best time to let go of my teenage pride now" you squeezed his hand firmly to draw affection. "Apart from that , I'm happy without it"

"As long as you're happy , " he kissed your forehead lovingly. Akaashi pulled you into a tight hug and you could muffle a giggle from erupting.

"As long as I'm happy,"you mocked.

"I'll always be right here"

Officially in the hands ofanother writer's block , letus commence and give theauthoress a round of applausefor her doubt for writing (again)

another writer's block , let
us commence and give the
authoress a round of applause
for her doubt for writing (again)