Chapter 17

I was sitting with Johnny at the table

I was sitting with Johnny at the table. Johnny thought all this nonsense as he put it was silly. But he had never attended one before in his life. He did not think there were spirits either. He was in for a teat with that.

One good thing I hoped for an outcome was that Madame could help the Lost Boys cross over. Michael was getting to attached to them all. And he needed to be free and to be happy so if he wanted to cross over, he could do so if he chose to.

Paris and Prince were waiting in the kitchen for Madame to arrive. Dinner was of course done. And Madame was of course running late.

We all figured she would be. Now my tummy growls at me angrily because I had skipped breakfast and lunch. I only had the muffin all day long. My stomach growls an angered protest again.

Johnny gasps. "Was that a spirit? Dear spirits of this place....do tell me one thing.... are you hungry?" he jokes around.

I smack him on the arm. "Shut up Johnny" I laugh. "I am famished" I sigh.

"This whole thing is dumb. But at least I am getting paid for it and a free dinner out of this" he chuckles.

I frown. "Shhhh do not let Paris hear you say that" I warn him.

"So, I don't believe in ghosties" he grumbles. "Not everyone does"

"You might after tonight" I tease.

"Naw" he laughs.

"She is here! I was told she just arrived!" Paris comes bursting in the room. She looked over excited now. "How do I look Prince?" she asks her brother.

"Fine" he tells her. "can we eat now?" he mutters.

"Not until Madame is at the table" she orders.

The doorbell rings. We all head to the door. Paris opens it. Madame was dressed old fashioned from head to toe. Wearing a medieval dark black steampunk like cape.