Chapter 16

Today had me worried

Today had me worried. Big time. Well tonight really. I was worried about Michael's safety. And well-being. Because of the lady coming to Neverland tonight, plus there was no talking Paris out of this at all.

She was determined to do this. I was just grateful that Paris had allowed me to be there for tonight's big event. I was so nervous I could hardly eat all day long. I had to talk to my grandma.

I had looked up Madame Prelane. She seemed legit enough. So many stars had claimed she really was in touch with the other side. That was why I was so worried. I looked her up on YouTube as well. Watched all her sessions.

Tried to find some hint that she was a fake. But there was really nothing fake about this woman. She had traveled all over the world. She had even worked alongside Ghost Adventures during a session in England.

She was as real as they got. As real as well....me. I could not let her know I had a gift. If she saw Michael was attached to me, she may force him to move on before he was ready to. And well before I was ready to also.

I was not about to let that happen. Because of the fact Michael had been pushed around since he was a child. Always been told what to do. I guess that was why I did not have the heart to force him to leave us.

It had to be up to Michael. I was not going to let Madame Prelane take this away from him.

I sigh as I get around to getting ready for work. My mother knocks on the bedroom door.

"Hello dear..." she says. "Are you all set for tonight?"

"Yes mom. I am so worried" I sigh.

"There is nothing to be done. It is in the fate's hands now. I heard you talking with Michael the other night. I know he is attached to you" she worries. "I hope you are not getting to attached to him you know he can't stay" she warns me.

I frown. "Mom I am not getting attached to him alright? I want to help him. That is all. Really" I lie.

"You always wrinkle your forehead when you lie" she teases. "I know you mean well. And when the time comes, I know you will do the right thing. Be safe tonight" she adds. She hugs me.