Chapter 9

Today was grand opening day

Today was grand opening day. I was so nervous I could hardly eat a thing. I tossed and turned all last night worrying about what The Lost Boys were going to do. Innocent people wee going to get hurt. Michael and I both could do nothing about it.

The Lost Boys did not want to listen to reason. And Paris was not listing either. I arrived to Neverland early. My sister was planning on coming to the event. My grandma to. Grandma was going to try to be of some help with the spirts.

My mom wanted noting to do with the whole ordeal. She was still in denial that I could talk to spirits like she could and like gram could. Mom was of no help what's so ever. I was grateful for my grandma and for my sister. I hoped the Lost Boys would not try to harm my family. Michael would protect them. He had promised me the night before.

When I arrived to Neverland the place was packed outside. Everyone was waiting to come in on the opening day. Just as I had saw videos of Graceland's grand opening back in the eighties. Excitement was in the air. I find Johnny checking the sound system on the huge stage that was placed in front of Neverland for Paris and her brothers. I head up on the stage with Johnny.

"Has Paris arrived? Or her brothers?" I ask him.

"No they will be arriving soon" Jonny answers me. "Oh, Janet is coming. His mom is not. Also, none of Michael's brothers are coming. But maybe Latoya is going to be here. There has been talk" he announces.

"They should leave it alone" I groan.

Johnny looks surprised by my remark. "You were so excited about this opening? Why do you want it not to open?" he asks me.

I place my hands on my hips and look around. "I have a bad feeling that is all. Something bad might happen" I worry.

Johnny shakes his head. "How do you know? Nothing bad is going to happen! Look everything is going so well! It is going to be just as great as Graceland! Nothing bad happened when Graceland was opened. And this will be a new historic landmark!"

"That was what I wanted. But I don't know. Will it bring the peace Michael needs?" I point out. "Why are we doing this?" I sigh.

"Stop worrying so much! It will be fine" says Johnny. He pats me on the arm then goes back to work.

♡♪♬♪♡

I am helping later to set up food at the food court. I see cupcakes being placed on trays for me. I was not doing it. I knew that someone was around me. I also knew who that someone was. I laugh.

"Michael?" I say softly.

He appears before me. "Hi"

"I am sorry. I could not stop them" I tell him.

"I know. I was there" Michael smiles at me. "I will watch over all of you"

"Have you heard from the Lost Boys? Do you know what they are planning?" I question him.