Chapter Twenty-Three - Killer On The Run!

🅰︎🆄🆃🅷🅾︎🆁'🆂 🅽🅾︎🆃🅴 :

At this point of time, I want to tell everyone that I no longer have a beta reader/editor, since the person
(my boyfriend) became far too busy with work now and will not have anymore time to read over and edit my works. This goes for all of my books. The last 7 chapters hasn't been properly edited yet and that will also include this one. I will try my best to edit them on my own going forward. So please bear with me as there will be many grammatical errors throughout my works again.

Thank You.

——————————————-

B E N N Y

"This heat is getting a bit unbearable," I groaned.

The hot shards of wind encased my whole face as we rode along the dirt road. Tazee and his father was obviously doing a whole lot better dealing with this heat since they were already used to it. On the other hand, at least the man that was driving the vehicle was cursing about the heat like I was too. I turned and saw Tarzan watching the road intensively. My cheeks burned as I took in the charming looks of him. I wasn't sure why I've been feeling a bit uneasy whenever I was around Tazee's father and I couldn't help but steal glances at him here and there.

"You okay Benny?" Tazee asked as he turned around from his seat.

I nodded and leaned forward to fix his hair and tightened the knot around his ponytail. Tazee thanked me and gave his lovable smirk. My groin stirred as I also couldn't handle seeing Tazee in ordinary clothes.

He was fine as hell.

"Hey, Robert?" I asked.

"Yeah?" he replied.

"Where is my father's vacation home located?"

"It's in a small town not too far from here called 'Bakoumgo' and everyone's nice there too."

"Really? well let's see how nice they'll be when they find out their quaint little town was hiding a murderer." Tazee chimed in.

"You think the people there can help us in any way?," I asked.

"No need to involve any of the townsfolk there, we don't need any sorts of riot happening if their people ended up getting harmed, our goal is to pop right in and come right out without anyone noticing our sinful deed," Roger responded.

Tazee and I both nodded as we continued looking out into the grassland that passed by. It's been so long since I was home and I wondered if any of my other family members knew that I was still alive. They all probably assumed I perished with my parents and my remaining body parts were scattered across the crash.

"Tazee...Tarzan?" I asked.

They both looked over to me with questioning faces. I leaned back against the seat and gave out a heavy sigh.

"What's the matter Benny?" Tazee asked.

"Once we do get out of this alive... I would like to do a proper memorial for my parents and the pilot... after all of the shit I've been through, I realize now that I've been selfish and haven't been taking their death seriously," I murmured.