Chapter Twenty-One - The Prince Of The Jungle

B E N N Y

My heart was beating out of my chest as I brought Tazee's hands close to my lips to kiss them. We all managed to carry him over to an isolated area where no poachers were around to find us, if there were even any alive from our previous encounter with them.

"Is he going to be okay Tarzan?" I asked.

"He'll be okay, I'm not sure what caused him to go into shock from just one bullet but I guess a mind like his can easily get overwhelmed with adrenaline that he didn't even realize his own body just got injured," Tarzan sighed.

We all surrounded Tazee as we rested him on top of a big mound of leaves. Tarzan went and gathered some medicinal plants to heal his son's wound. I stayed to comfort Tazee while he was gone to do that. I waited for a good amount of time before Tarzan came back with a bundle of leaves in his hands.

I morbidly watched with wide eyes as Tarzan sat down and used his fingers to dig out the bullet that wedged its way into Tazee's shoulders. My stomach started to churn as I watched blood dripped all over the place. His father seemed to know what he was doing in this type of situation so I stayed back but still offered him my assistance if he ended up needing it.

"There, these plants should do it, he'll be okay but needs to rest until he wakes up," Tarzan smiled as he secured the leaves in place with a strip of cloth he pulled out from his satchel.

I nodded and lowered my head down to Tazee's chest and listened to his slow heartbeat. I drew circles over his abs while carefully going down to cover the loincloth back over his privates that managed to flip over itself and exposing everything underneath it. My cheeks grew hot as I saw Tazee's penis for the hundredth time.

Everyone else were a few feet away as they settled down into their spots and watched me comforting Tazee.

"I don't understand why he had to run out there and do all of that, what good is it to us if he ended up having the leader run off like that?" Tarzan sighed.

"Well, Tazee is one courageous soul just like yourself," I chuckled.

Tarzan chuckled and sat cross legged near his son as he softly ran his fingers through the mangled locks of Tazee's hair. Tarzan smiled and looked up into the canopy of the trees.

"I remember the time when I was around his age maybe a little older...I used to love being carefree and wild...now that I'm getting many years older, I can't do the same sort of things he does on the daily now," Tarzan chuckled.

"Like?" I asked.

"Well, everything to be honest and it's only enjoyable when you have that one person you love the most along with your adventures..."

"Oh...it must of been hard losing your wife wasn't it?"

"I didn't just lose my wife...I also lost my human parents and father figure before my boy was born."

"Father figure?"

"His name was 'Kerchak', at first we always disagreed with each other in everything but at the end he was the one who was there for me and saw me as his own...he died from the hands of a ruthless poacher." 

"I-I'm sorry...and I'm over here moping around about losing my own parents but you've lost more than me..."

Tarzan looked up at me and ruffled my hair. I blushed and went back to focus on Tazee. He started to stir a bit and I jumped on to my knees as I cautiously watched him wake up.