Chapter Sixteen - Troubled Times

T A Z E E

I was furious with the information that I had gotten from the crook himself. Saying his name was too hard for me at this point and I wasn't sure how long I was able to contain my inner rage. How could his family do this to my mother?

"Son, you need to calm down!" my father roared from across the room.

"You don't understand, his grandfather was the one who killed mom!" I cried.

"I understand you're angry but there was no need for you to banish him when he has nothing...—Yes, his grandfather was the one who did the most unforgivable thing to my wife but you can not place that blame on an innocent person like Benny."

"I don't care, the kid is going to have to learn a lesson."

"What lesson is there for him to learn from any of this? Just because his own blood caused a rift between our own doesn't mean you should lash out on him...you have to remember you lost only one of your parents...he lost both...and I'll be damned if he wasn't able to survive out there alone right now."

My father was right. The more I thought about it, the more I realized how idiotic it was for me to do such a thing toward Benny. No matter what was done years ago I couldn't lash out on him for no reason like this. It was honestly the heat of the moment that left me soulless and ended up having Benny kicked out. The pained look I last saw plastered on his face was now coming back to haunt me.

His eyes were filled with tears that I silently vowed to myself while we were making love for the first time would never happen. And it was because of me. I didn't think back for a moment and understand his situation. The kid lost both of his parents and ended up wanting to live with my father and I when it was so easy for him to just go back to where he came from with just a quick visit to the nearest inhabited area that had humans. They would of easily contacted his people and had them coming across the sea to save the kid but no, he insisted on living in a remote jungle.

It goes to show how much wildness he had in him but the problematic thing was that he knew nothing of where he was living now and how to survive it. I just took away the one thing he had left right now and that was a home and someone that loved him. Over the past time he'd been here, Benny did his best to open himself up to my father and I and we both appreciated him for doing so. It helped us understand what was under all that layers of his.

Benny had the chance of going back home and living his fancy and modern life but never once brought it up as a suggestion. I did the wrong choice of kicking him out of my home when it reality it was his home too. My entire pack loved Benny and I took him away from them.

My heart was pounding wildly as the sudden realization of leaving a poor defenseless person out alone in the jungle where it was filled with so many shit that could of easily eaten him or hurt him.

What if he was on the side of the cliff hanging for dear life again?...oh no...

I broke out of my deep thought and looked over to my father. He was sitting back in his chair watching me intensively. My father somehow knew what I was thinking and told me to find him as soon as possible.

I quickly ran to my room and grabbed my satchel and dagger just in case. My father reminded me to be safe as I made my way down the steps of our treehouse.