.15

the last few minutes were by far the most awkward moment of his life, he decided, there was nothing else to compete with it. and that was one hell of a statement to say, since his life had been a series of embarrassing events lately.

hyunjin was also as drunk, if not more, as chan, and as that made jeongin the only sober and responsible person among them, it was naturally his job to break them apart.

which not only was nearing impossible since chan was solid as a rock and unmovable no matter how much strength jeongin put on the grip on the older's arm, and hyunjin's drunken determination overpowered his slender body and made him almost equally strong as chan.

almost.

with a punch -- that was way too stable for a drunk guy like chan was at the moment -- right on the middle of hyunjin's face that instantly made his nose bleed, jeongin decided that it was definitely the right time to stop the wrestling show going on in the muddy soil (even though it looked hot as hell: not his opinion, just a fact).

he had no choice other than reach over for the torch and almost in an out of body experience had the half-thought to take off his sweater and wrap it around the tip of the torch because, even if the situation was urgent, he still had the common sense that he didn't want to be sued for ruining chan's face with horrible splinters and... hit him right in the head.

jeongin just hit bang chan with a freaking torch right. in. his. head.

and at that, after ungluing his hands that were trying to strangle a bloody nosed hyunjin, chan fell to the ground, unconscious.

jeongin almost fainted along with him. but looking at hyunjin now, minutes from passing out himself and with an unmistakably broken nose, he knew he had to do it.

because chan couldn't kill hyunjin before jeongin had the chance to kill him himself!

"what the hell were you thinking?" he yelled, torch still in hand as if threatening hyunjin into apologizing for... saving him.

hyunjin just saved him.

chan was inebriated and alone with him and god knows what would've happened if hyunjin hadn't intervened and yanked that stupid torch from him.

jeongin would have gotten his hair burned, and even though he would probably just wear long wigs at the play, he still needed his hair!

"oh, my god, i don't know what to do." he said it more to himself than to the broken nosed boy on the ground, but he replied nonetheless.

"we... need to light up the campfire." he said through pants, "then the party's over and we can go home, i guess."

jeongin eyed him as if he'd grown a second nose. "you clearly have to go to the hospital! your face! your nose!"

hyunjin rolled his eyes. "i'm fine." than he looked over at chan, "your date, however... yikes jeongin, do you think he's dead?"

he always choked on his own spit, "chan's not my date." then he quickly added, "he's n-not dead, either!"

just for emphasis, he touched chan's bicep with his foot, earning a groan from the elder. chan was definitely alive.

"damn it. i'd love to carry that secret with you. we'd be like the pretty little liars." then, like the annoying little shit he was, started singing the theme song.

they'd figured chan was too drunk to remember anything and he was in perfect health, just sleeping, so they spent the next 10 minutes trying to light up the torch again, then frustratingly patting chan's pockets until they found a lighter and it was done.

people were wet and out of the lake and he found felix attached to changbin's arm in the nearest tree, everyone unaware of the fight that had just gone up in the woods. they didn't even mind hyunjin's bloody nose. maybe fights were a common thing in parties? was it a thing? jeongin was not going to any parties ever again.

they did notice jeongin was shirtless, though.

after sucking changbin's face, felix brought everyone's attention to jeongin standing there topless and holding up the torch with hyunjin by his side.

he smirked, "what were you two doing, some kinky blood stuff? i knew you had it in you, innie."

and jeongin, not standing the wolf whistles and cooing from the rest of the partygoers, just clumsily threw the torch on the campfire and fucking lit up that bitch, walking away stomping his feet on the mud like a cartoon character throwing a tantrum, hyunjin following right behind him.

he was definitely not going to any parties ever again.