.03

there was no word to describe jeongin's level of anger. if there was, though, he hadn't learned it yet. maybe because of the same object of his fury, hyunjin, also made it difficult to concentrate in grammar class.

hyunjin practically just sent him to detention, all by himself, even though he was the one acting up in class. he'd never been to detention before, his whole life he'd been a good student, and hyunjin changed that in mere seconds. it was absolutely ridiculous.

not only he would been wasting his time, but he would also lose his opportunity to ask the drama club leaders when the hell he'd post the results, if they'd stick it in the school board or did jeongin had to constantly scroll over their facebook group page in hopes of an update. any update.

he just wanted the role. he wanted it so bad he could cry. if he was rejected, maybe crying would make them change their minds? appeal to the guilt factor?

things were just too surreal. going to detention was surreal. jeongin found himself in a haze, feeling only numbness as he went through the school's hallways.

thoughtless, jeongin opened the door, ignoring the teacher at the desk (the same teacher who put him there, by the way) and made his way straight to a chair at the farthest from the teacher's desk, kind of intending to isolate himself and stare at the space for all the 45 minutes he was supposed to suffer there.

"pssst!" he heard someone whisper, "yang jeongin!"

terrified that might be a ghost, a lost soul who died in that very chair behind him, waiting for their detention to end and suffering an extremely boring death caused the sound of the teacher tapping her pointy nails against the wooden desk.

so with that in mind, jeongin turned his head really slowly, slow motion kind of speed, cold sweat causing goosebumps on his skin. only to be face to face with bang chan, an upperclassman which jeongin very much liked and very much avoided at any costs in hope to not embarrass himself in front of him, just like he was now.

"hi," chan said, still whispering. "never thought i'd see you here."

well, at least they had that in common. jeongin would never guess he would find bang chan in detention, either.

"i could say the same." jeongin whispered back, straightening his posture so he was back facing the ugly teacher again. even know he was talking to his crush, it didn't mean he was up to getting caught and have to stay there for longer than needed.

"so, why are you here for?"

freaking hwang hyunjin. that was why. he wanted to say it so bad, but jeongin felt like hyunjin didn't deserve to be part of that conversation.

"because the teacher is an airhead." jeongin confessed, but then got scared that chan would snitch on him for calling the teacher names. he was a top student, after all.

but all he could hear was soft laughter hitting his neck from behind. was chan sitting there this whole time? jeongin clearly remembers that the seat behind him was empty when he sat there.

"same with me," chan said.

both of them remained quiet for a few seconds, chan's breath still tickling his neck and making his hair stand on end.

jeongin was actually going crazy, actually thinking he'd become the next ghost to haunt this boring classroom, the feeling of chan's face so close to him making his brain shut down for a break that would never come to an end.

until chan finally spoke up. well, whispered up.

"what do you think about having lunch with me and my friends tomorrow?"

only tomorrow? jeongin wanted to ask, but thought that would sound too eager, and cool kids like chan would most probably instantly lose interest in greedy boys like him if jeongin didn't at least try to act cool, too.

so instead of letting out an embarrassingly loud squeal at his face, jeongin decided to clear his throat and say a simple, "i'll be there." because of course he knew where chan and his friends sat at, and chan apparently knew he knew, so he inclined back on his chair, the breath on jeongin's neck ceasing down to only goosebumps and cold hands and butterflies and –

"yang jeongin!" a loud voice echoed through the classroom, scaring the others students, and specially jeongin who had his name shouted, coming from the front of the room.

it was the teacher, her old face wrinkling even more as she looked at him as if he was a mistake.

"no talking! more thirty minutes!" she ordered.

jeongin from some minutes ago would get extremely pissy and sulk the rest of the time he was forced in there, but now that he had a date – oops, he meant a friendly lunch date with chan and co, he couldn't be bothered to be angry.