Why Me •• Josh Richards

" Why can't you be more like you sister! Your such a disappointment" My dad yelled at me. Me and my dad had got in a screaming match because I had been late getting home the last few nights.

Me and my dad never had a good relationship, and constantly got in fights like this. He always wanted me to be like my sister. She was a little miss perfect and always had her shit together. Josh hated it. He hated all of the horrid stuff my dad called me. He tried to keep my at his house as much as possible to shield me from my dad.

" I was late by 3 minutes, I don't get what you want from me!" I screamed back tears running down my cheeks. He continued to scream. I had enough of it and grabbed my car keys.

" Oh yeah go run to that little boyfriend of yours. Just wait until he see the true you. He'll leave you so quick. So enjoy it while it lasts." He screamed as I walked out the front door.

I immediately got in my car and drove towards Josh's house. I stopped in front of his driveway. I sat in my car and thought about what my dad said. What if everything he said was true. What if Josh was gonna leave me. What if he gets annoyed with me always coming to him. I sighed and walked up to his front door. I knocked and the door swung open.

" Hey princ- Wait are you crying?" Josh said. I automatically wrapped my arms around him, shoving my face into his chest. He picked me up and walked us into his room. He sat down on his desk chair with me on his lap.

" What happened? Was it your dad?" He asked. I just nodded my head, still tightly holding onto him.

" Can you tell me what he said baby" He asked again. I took a deep breath and moved my head to look him in the face.

" He was yelling at me for being a few minutes late, so I went to leave and he starting yelling at me about how you were gonna leave me when you saw the "real" me. And how much better you could do" I said quietly, playing with josh's fingers. He placed his hand under my chin and forced me to look at him again. His face dropped.

" Princess, you dads a mean person and a liar. I hate that he says these things to you. I would never leave you for being yourself. You know you can always be yourself around me. And I don't want anyone better cause your perfect for me." He spoke.

" But what if he's right. Even if you don't think about it right now. What if in the future you get annoyed with me, I can't handle losing you" I said again, laying my head on his shoulder.

" That's not ever gonna happen baby. I love you so much. Nothing could ever change that. I swear on my life" He promised. I let a slight smile spred across my lips.

" I love you to josh" I said. He laid a light kiss on my cheek. He then stood up and set me down on the ground in front of him.

" Come on lets go get ice cream" he said.

Josh pulled me outside and into his car. I turned on his music and rolled down his windows. We drove around town and just vibed. After a while we got our ice cream and parked his car at a nearby pond. He set up a blanket in the back of his trunk. Were laying down with my head on his chest. I looked up at him. God he was perfect.

" Thank you for always being there for me baby, it means alot" I said. He looked down at me and our eyes connected.

" Of course princess, it's what I'm here for" He spoke.

" I love you J"

" I love you more mamas"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love this chapter. I'm gonna be putting out a request today