Chapter 3: Normal Again

I woke up screaming, my heart pounding. There where nurse's around me trying to calm me down. My dad sitting in the corner, not knowing what to do. My legs... They hurt so bad. "W-What happened to me!" I started to panic. I sat up my legs stinging. Why do they hurt so bad? "Try not to move so much Ella." My nurses stated. " You had a nightmare, you where thrashing everywhere. We couldn't get you to stop, and it caused some of your burns to rip." Well that's just great. "Your stay in the hospital might be longer  than expected."

I just want to get out of this place! I've been in and out of the hospital for a month now. Do you know what its like not to be able to sleep in your own bed at night? To wake up to the hum and beeping of machine's hooked up to you? I just want to go home and see my dad and brother everyday when I wake up.

"Hello?" Emily answered.

"Hey Em its me."

"How are you?! Are you going home soon?"

"Well I was supposed to be out sooner, but my burns ripped again.. It's going to be awhile"

"I'm on my way"

My best friend knew me to well. When this happens its like I'm back to stage one, trying to re-heal my burns. Ever since the accident, Emily was the only one of my friends who stood by me completely up until now.  Sure my other friends had been there for me, but not like Em. She came by at least four times a week, more if she could. My other friends had faded out. I honestly don't even remember what some of them look like.

*knock knock* "Come on in Em." I called. She walked over and sat in the chair next to my bed.

"How bad does it hurt?"

"Not as bad as last time"

"Well that's good i guess..."

"Hey I'll be alright."

"I know, I'mjust worried about you Ella. I couldn't bare to see you sick like that again."

"The doctor said my chance for infection was low" I lied. Last time, I got such a bad infection I could barely walk. Emily had been there every step of the way. It was as if she was the one sick, not me. Everyday I saw her, and heard her talk about the latest in school. It would make me stronger somehow. My will to survive would push through. I wanted to go back to school to see everyone, to be involved in the latest drama. That's what I wanted. I wanted to be normal again...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Picture attached of Nurse Jane~~~>

Thanks for all the comments/reads/votes/fans! I know the chapters are short and I keep promising a long one but I ran into a writers block... I know where I'm going with the story just not quite sure how to get there yet! I'll introduce Ella's brother in the next chapter! Does anyone know how to upload pictures to the chapters? I want to show you what Emily and Ella look like! Thanks again!