Chapter Four | Get Back Up.

I admit, yeah, I done some dumb shit, disappointed everybody I know
Try not to hold that against me though
My road to redemption has no GPS
So guess the time must be invested for this to be manifested

~~~~~

(One year and six months ago)
-Flashback-

B R I A N N A

I sat completely quite and still along with the rest of the court room as the judge came back into the court room ready to make his decision.

I slid my hand over into Trey's lap and grabbed his hand as I bowed my head and said a silent prayer for Aug.

I felt Trey gently rub his thumb across my knuckles as he gave my hand a reassuring squeeze.

I glanced over at August as they escorted him back into the court room.
"I love you." I mouthed the words to him as we made eye contact.

He nodded. "Luh you too."

Once everyone was back seated and settled the judge began to speak. "After a lot of research and careful consideration I've reached a decision. I will grant him time served for the 6 months he has already done but he will have to do another six months plus a full year for it to equal a full two years. Two years with a year probation is my sentence. Court adjured.

I stayed seated. I couldn't move. I glanced at August as I felt my face get wet from my tears.

"Stay strong." He commanded as they took him to the back. I still didn't move.

I felt my chest tighten as I placed my hands on my stomach and cried harder.

"Bri please calm down. The baby." Karrueche mumbled as she wiped my tears and hugged me.

"It wasn't suppose to happen like this. Two years is a long time." I cried harder.

"Bri just breathe please."

I noded as I tried to calm myself down. "My head hurts. Take me home please."

-Present time-

Today I woke up not knowing how to feel. There were a million and one different emotions running through my body. The only one I was certain about was nervousness.

I was nervous as hell and everyone around me could tell.

"Bri please calm down." Amber mumbled as she played with the radio.

"I am calm."

She smirked. "Stop lying hoe. How long have I known you now? Like 3 years. Your basically my best friend so stop lying to me."

I nodded then glanced at her before looking back at the road. "I'm scared."

She frowned. "Of what? Aug ain't gon' kill you girl. I don't even think he's going to be mad. Honestly I think he'll be more hurt than anything."

"But you know Aug. He won't admit that he's hurt. The only emotion he shows is anger."

She nodded in agreement. "Well lets just hope for the best."

I nodded then focused back on the road.

***

A U G U S T

"Inmate. Come on follow me."

I nodded then got up and followed behind a guard as he led me to processing.

It's finally time for ya boy to get out and I couldn't be happier.

Amber and Brianna comin' ta get a nigga. I wonder why they didn't bring the baby.

"Place your finger here."

I placed my finger on the ink pad then placed it on my release papers.

"That's it. Your free to go."

I smiled then nodded and started walkin' through da gates that held me hostage for the last two years.

Once I made it outside I looked around until my eyes laded on Amber. Her hair was black now. I immediately started walkin' her way.

"Aug." She jumped on a nigga givin' me a big ass hug. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too ketchup head."

She laughed. "My hair isn't even red anymore punk."

"August." Hearin' her voice made me freeze up. She walked up and stood next to Amber.

I frowned then pulled her ta me and wrapped my arms around her holdin' her tight. "I missed you so much Alsina."

"I missed you more baybeh." I mumbled as I slid my hand down her back and rested them on her ass. "I missed dat too."

Amber cleared her throat. "Alright rabbits get in the car I'll drive."

Brianna nodded then pulled away from my embrace but grabbed my hand and led us back to the car.

"I promise this is just the beginning baybeh. Everything gon' get better from here." I reassured her as we got into the car.

She nodded. "I sure hope you fill that way in a hour or so."
________________________

Y'all Want The Truth? Bullshit Y'all Can't Handle The Truth. Lmaooo

Anyways. Next Chapter Is What Y'all Been Waiting For.

Aug Home & He Wants Nothing But The Truth.

7 Comments.