Chapter Two | No Angel

Baby put your arms around me
Tell me I'm a problem
Know I'm not the girl you thought you knew and that you wanted
Underneath the pretty face is something complicated
I come with a side of trouble
But I know that's why you're staying
Because
You're
No
Angel
Either, baby

~~~~~

(One year and 11 months ago)
-Flashback-

B R I A N N A

"Look Mrs. Simmons there really isn't anything we go do for August."

I frowned as I listen to August's highly paid attorney attempt to feed me some bullshit. "What do you mean there isn't anything you can do for him?"

"Someone tipped the police off on what August had been doing and they busted him. No phony stuff. No bullshit and all there paperwork was together this time."

I nodded. "So how long are we talking?"

"He could get the max of 10 years."

I damn near had an asthma attack. "10 years. Something isn't right. There's no way. Look I paid you in full so I expect you to do everything you can for him." I stood up and grabbed my things. "Talk to me when your prepared to do your job."

-Present Time-

"Trey come get your son." I called out for Trey as I stared off into space thinking about August.

I swear there isn't a day that goes by where I don't think of him. August is and will always be the love of my life.

"He's your son too."

I smiled. "He is indeed that."

He nodded. "Baby girl let me talk to you real quick." I looked over at Trey as he entered the room and greeted me with a hug.

"Wassup baby?" I questioned as I laid Trey jr. down on the bed.

"Chris called me today."

"Okay and what?"

"I know why August called the other day asking a million and one questions."

I paused. "Oh really why is that?"

"They attempted to tell him."

"Why would they do that?" I questioned as I got up and started pacing around the room. "I didn't want him to find out while he was locked up that's why I didn't tell him."

He stood up and made me look at him. "Calm down. They didn't tell him anything. I guess they realized last minute that it wasn't there place to tell him."

I nodded and sat back down. "I think that w-" I was cut off by my ringing cell phone.

I looked down at the caller ID and saw that it was August. "Trey it's Aug. Can you give me some privacy."

He nodded then got up and walked away.

"Hello?"

"An inmate from Richfield Federal Corrections is trying to contact you. To accept this call from : Yungin'. press 1 now."

"Aug?"

"Man why da fuck you ain't been answering my calls?" He questioned as soon as I got on the phone.

I sighed. "I'm sorry Aug I just been busy."

"What you me-" Ha paused for a moment. "Look man. I never had ta question yo loyalty befo'. I never had any doubts on if you was a rider or not cause you been down since day one. But lately-" He paused again. "Somethin' ain't right witcha'. Man jus' tell me wassup."

"It's just something we need to talk about but I don't wanna tell you over the phone."

"Well come visit me dat way we can talk face ta face."

"It can wait until you come home really Aug I can't tell you this while your in there."

"Ion care what it is ight? Imma still luh you da same no matter what. We not together and we haven't been for ova two years but when I get home all dat shit out. We gon' work it out and be a family."

"No we're not. When you come home Aug you gon' hate me." I broke-down finally letting everything out. I hadn't cried over it. I had to be so strong in front of everyone but I was tired of fronting. I just wanted Aug to hold me and let me get it out.

"Baybeh why you cryin?"

"Cause I messed everything up." I cried and hiccuped at the same time.

"Calm down mama. Look whatever you did we can fix it okay. I'm no angel either baybeh but you always been hea' fa me. Even durin' these two years you been holding me down. I luh you girl."

"I love you too Aug."

(One year and ten months ago)
-Flashback-

"Look at you lookin all pregnant and shit."

I smiled then got up and gave Amber a hug. "Girl I feel pregnant." I mumbled as I placed my hands on my growing 4 month stomach.

She nodded. "I know how you feel I was pregnant before."

I laughed. "More than once actually.

"Yup and my stomach still flat and my ass still fat."

"Goodnight Amber I am not about to play with you."

"If my name was August I bet you'd play wit me."

I blushed "Shut up."

"But for real how you been feeling?" She questioned getting a little more serious.

I shrugged. "I'm making it. It's not a day that goes by that I don't think about him though."

She nodded. "I know how you feel."

I paused. "Amber I think the baby is moving." I placed my hand on my stomach then pushed down on the spot where I felt movement. I felt the baby kick back.

She smiled then placed her hand there and it moved again. It didn't feel right though.

"Amber I think I need to lay down."

She nodded. "Well we can do lunch another time."
_________________________

Early In The Morning I'm Writing Chapters For Y'all. I Swear I'm On Here Writing More Than I Read Now.

Anyways Let Me Know What Your Thinking.

Questions ? Question ? Questions Anyone?

10 Comments , No Ghost Readers Please.