Chapter Three | Should've Known Better

Before I Start I Have A Question? Does Anyone Have A Problem With The Lengths Of My Updates? It Was Brought To My Attention That It Might Be A "Turn Off" So I Just Wanna Know Is It A Problem?

My Updates Are Short But I Update Like Everyday Day, Or Every Other Day. Now I Could Start Doing One Really Long Chapter Each Week Instead Of Doing Short Chapters Every Other Day If That's What You All Would Prefer.

I Do Have A Life & I Am In School. Now Is The Time Where Colleges Come Into Play. I Don't Have Time To Write Extra Long Chapters Everyday. I Have To Fit Writing Into My Schedule.

------------------

You should've known better than to think I would leave
You should've known better than to doubt me
It don't matter if you are up
matter if you are down
Either way im gonna be around
You should've known that I would stay by your side
You should've known your girl was gonna ride or die
And it just don't matter if ya rich or poor
Out or in doing 5 to 10
You should've known better

~~~~~

(One year ten months ago)
-Flashback-

A U G U S T

"Inmate 3075464?"

I looked ova at da guard den nodded. "Dats me."

"Follow me. You have a visitor."

I slowly follow behind him and three other inmates that were headin' ta da visitin' area.

I let my eyes roam around da room until they landed on Brianna. My baybeh was lookin' good as always and her baybeh bump was startin' ta show really good. Damn I wish I could be home with her.

"Waddup baybeh?" I questioned as I gave her a hug and a quick peck.

She smiled. "Nothing just being pregnant and all. How are you holding up in here."

I shrugged not really wantin' ta tell her all da stuff my lawyer had been tellin' me about havin' ta do at least five years. I didn't wanna stress her out. "I'm good. Jus ready ta come home ya know."

She nodded. "Your lawyer said something about you getting up to ten years Aug."

I frowned. "I told him ta only tell you da positive shit."

She smirked a little. "I know dats why I paid him double to tell me everything you didn't want me to find out. Aug now is not the time for us to start keeping stuff from each other."

"I know it's jus' ion want you ta be stressin' ova shit we have no control ova. I need you ta stay healthy and bring me a beautiful baybeh girl into dis world."

She looked like she was about ta cry. "Aug I don't know what I would do if you went away for 10 years. I can't do this thing called life without you here with me."

I knew what I wanted her ta do if I had ta be here fa' ten years........move on.

"As hard as it would be fa' me ta let you go if I get sentenced ta ten years I would want you ta move on. Date a good guy that could take care of you and my child at least until I got home."

"I can't." She cried harder.

"Baybeh calm down. Look we not together now. If I was home you wouldn't be with me. Remember we broke up."

"That's different though. We would have had time to get it right. I can't just go and staring letting some other man raise our child. You should've known I was gonna stay by your side."

I smiled then nodded. That's what I really love about Brianna. She was always there fa me. No matter what I knew I could count on her.

"3 more minutes inmates."

I looked over at the guards den back at Brianna.

She smile. "I felt the baby kick for the first time last week."

Immediately I placed my hands on her stomach. "Come on baybeh girl kick fa' ya daddy."

I felt her start ta move.

Brianna smiled. "She's knows it's you."

I nodded. "Of course she does."

"Aug how do you know it's a girl."

I shrugged. "Mel told me."

She looked a little confused. "Huh?"

"Mel told me."

"In your dreams?"

I nodded.

-Present time-

B R I A N N A

"Amber please don't start this shit again."

"What all I said is Aug is gonna be home in three months."

"I know. I also know I'll have to tell him soon okay."

She nodded. "Brianna you know it was wrong to keep it from him for this long. You and Trey playin' house and shit. Not thinking about it won't make it go away."

I sighed as I tired to hold in my tears. "I know but it helps ease the pain. I never wanted to hurt him and we both know that."

"Brianna you hurt him he just doesn't know it yet. When he comes home though." She paused. "I've known Aug half my life and he really loves you but how you did everything. I just don't think he'll ever be able to forgive you."

I nodded "I know and that's what I'm afraid of."
__________________________

I Think Aug Should Come Home Next Chapter. What Y'all Think? Too Soon?

Anyways For Those Of You Who Are Still Lost Are The Flashbacks Helping At All?

Questions , Questions , Questions Anyone?

10 Comments. No Ghost Readers Please.