ISSUE #23

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

JANUARY 1 ISSUE
A STEP BY STEP GUIDE ON
BEING A BAD GIRLFRIEND

——

KOZUME KENMA GOT AN
83 ON HIS LAST MATH EXAM ☆

"You're an idiot," Tsuru deadpanned, her voice lacking all the usual excitement it usually harbored

"You're an idiot," Tsuru deadpanned, her voice lacking all the usual excitement it usually harbored. "An idiot. What were you thinking?"

"I led him on, dude," Iori retorted. "I totally led him on. No doubt about it. I now pay the price."

"Tell me, you talk to him often, right?"

"Kinda, yeah."

"And how much do you worry about Atsumu while you talk to Osamu?"

Iori hesitated, rolling over on her bed. The phone emitted quiet static in Iori's silence, creating the only sound in the room.

"...Almost every time."

"You don't like this boy enough to date him, Iori," Tsuru responded at lightning speed. "Break up with him."

"I can't."

"Why?"

"Peachy likes him."

It was Tsuru's turn to be silent. About twenty seconds after Iori said that she took a deep breath. "You can't break up with him because your cat likes him? That's the excuse?"

"Yes, that's the excuse, and I think it's a pretty good one."

"You're going to regret this, you know. You regret everything, but this is the one thing that will blow everything out of proportion."

"Who knows, dude? Maybe things'll change."

"They won't, Iori," Tsuru said, her voice stern. Iori knew her friend was stressed, as Tsuru always was, but she couldn't help but feel small at the sound of Tsuru's strict tone.

"You're leaving in three months. What are you gonna do when you come down here? Ghost him until he gets the memo? See him at nationals and cry? Think about this rationally, and then make a decision."

Tsuru hung up, leaving Iori with a crooked, ashamed smile on her face. She sighed, dropping her phone next to the bed. Tsuru was right, Iori knew she was, but Iori also knew she wouldn't be able to break up with Osamu.

It had barely been a week, not even. They left for nationals in a few days, too soon for her to enjoy. She was staying in the hotel this time, too.

Just spend all your time with Noya and Ryuu, she thought, staring at the wall. They'll protect you from your mistakes.

"I want this to be over," Iori groaned. "I should've just quit the club back in April."

The worst part was that Iori had seriously thought about quitting in the first place—she'd even mentioned the idea of maybe joining the lunch-study club, but Kogane had told her that was a dumb idea.