ISSUE #4

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

MAY 1 ISSUE
OUR FIRST WEEK
OFF BEGINS!

——

゚☆ aimoto iori fact ! ☆゚
the junior high she went to, mitsubachi
girls' junior high, is extremely hard to get
into. the majority of its students are
super intellectually gifted, and iori
is no exception.

 the majority of its students aresuper intellectually gifted, and ioriis no exception

Had volleyball practice always been this boring?

Maybe Iori was still getting used to not actually being on the court, or maybe it was because it was only the beginning of the year, but it seemed pretty...normal. Sometimes, Atsumu and Osamu poked fun at each other, but other than that, it was pretty silent.

It might've been competition, seeing as the first years were pretty good and the starting lineup hadn't been confirmed yet, but it also could've been attributed to the fact that Iori really wanted to go home. Tomorrow, Iori would be setting off for Miyagi.

There was an oddly placed week-long break, mostly for Childrens' day, and Iori had been adamant about returning to her mom's house. She loved her dad, but she wasn't a big fan of her sister breathing down her back at all times.

Plus, she would have the liberty of staying in bed for the entire day, not a camera or a volleyball team in sight (that is if she didn't visit Tobio). The only way to access that glorious life was finishing volleyball practice.

Ten minutes until five o'clock, and then home. Only ten minutes until she could leave.

Hopefully, the twins wouldn't hold her back for another fifteen minutes again. She could easily just say no, turn off the camera and leave without a word, but she always felt bad when she did that. Just like the day she packed up her stuff a minute before class ended and sped off before Atsumu could say anything.

She hadn't even been trying to avoid him, she just had to ask Miyoko a question. And she still felt bad.

"An impossible paradox," she whispered to herself, zooming in on Kita. She admired him quite a bit—he was so adamant and dedicated, from what she had seen, despite him not starting once in all three years of his time at Inarizaki.

Watching him cry when he received the official number one jersey was also really heart-warming, to be honest. Iori wasn't sure she could vocalize her respect for him, but it was a humungous amount.

"Alright, huddle up!" the coach called. Almost immediately, the loud sounds of volleyball-to-floor contact ceased, the gym going so silent that you could hear a pin drop.

Iori took a couple pictures of their meeting before walking over to pack up, making sure the camera was put away and squared off. A small goodbye and then a quick exit, nothing too major. The second years would stay behind to practice again and she would be free to spend the next week wallowing in her bedroom.