ISSUE #20

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

NO ISSUE TODAY !
DECEMBER 5 THROUGH 8

THE STORM, PART ONE

——

AIMOTO IORI HAS NOT BEEN TO SCHOOL IN A WHILE ☆

!!!! TW // frequently mentioned character death !!!!

☆ AIMOTO IORI HAS NOT BEEN TO SCHOOL IN A WHILE ☆!!!! TW // frequently mentioned character death !!!!

DECEMBER 5
05:21

It was morning. There was only a week or so until winter break began, when Iori would retreat to Miyagi and spend Christmas with Tobio and her mom. Maybe she'd get to see Iwaizumi and Oikawa, too.

But, for now, she was stuck bidding Miya Atsumu goodbye. She was enlisted to take photos of his departure, being told that would make for a good story for the newspaper. "Miya Atsumu Goes to the All-Japan Youth Training Camp," or something.

They all stood at the train station early in the morning, the entire team and Iori, congratulating and laughing with Atsumu. Iori stood off to the side, snapping the occasional photo. She wanted to go home and get ready for class.

"I'll see y'all later," Atsumu smiled joyfully, one that lacked any malice or arrogance. He just looked plain excited, which was a nice change of pace for him. "Don't suck too bad while I'm gone!"

"We'll be fine," Osamu punched his arm. "Don't get annihilated while you're gone."

Iori repressed the urge to mention Tobio, a smile gracing her features when she thought about him going to Tokyo. She snapped another picture, giggling at the thought of him seeing all the volleyball-greats of his grade.

Technically he's a volleyball great, though...

She snapped one last picture of Atsumu boarding the train, feeling satisfied. As the team conversed happily, Iori quickly slipped away, leaving to go get ready for school. Maybe she'd call Tobio and see how he was doing, maybe warn him about Atsumu.

She just hoped she wasn't late to school because she was sending off Miya Atsumu. That would be annoying.

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

DECEMBER 6
11:58

Iori didn't know what was going on.

An hour ago, she'd been taken from class to the Inarizaki front office, and she was sat down in an (empty) principal's office and told to wait. She'd anxiously scrolled through her phone, worked on math homework, done pretty much everything she could before restarting the process.

Her heart was beating out of her chest. When lunch started, Ms. Watanabe had brought Iori her stuff, and she was told to eat lunch in the office. Iori's friends came in, all laughing and having a good time, with not a clue of what was going on.