ISSUE #22

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

DECEMBER 25 ISSUE
THE INABILITY TO SAY NO

——

AIMOTO IORI RANKED 3RD
IN HER CLASS THIS SEMESTER ☆

☆ AIMOTO IORI RANKED 3RD IN HER CLASS THIS SEMESTER ☆

It was a simple morning. Takeo and Takumi had tried to wake their sister up, even going as far as taking her personal space heater (Peachy) from her, but she stayed fast asleep. After going back to school and catching up on all of her work, the coming weeks off were well deserved.

She had a lot to do. First, Tsuru had set her up with the volleyball coach's email, so she'd have to reach out to her and see if she could get permission to come on campus early to partake in spring practice. Then, she had to send in some more legal documents, as well as begin preparing for the Spring Interhigh.

"I'll tell Nana and Kyo to look out for you," Tsuru had said, explaining that they were two core members of the volleyball team, and that the both of them had been attending nationals to spite-watch Amanoshiro since freshman year (Iori ignored the fact that Carinne and Yumemi usually did the same). Of course, Tsuru had insisted that Nana and Kyo also had four notebooks filled with notes on their games, but Iori found that hard to believe.

Iori also had to sort out how she would divide time between being with Inarizaki and being with Karasuno―she'd planned on packing some orange clothing, to cheer them on―and figure out what the plan was for her article-writing.

Rolling over in her bed, Iori listened to the loud commotion downstairs. Her stepmom and her brothers were probably baking, while Misaki, who'd come home for Christmas, and her father watched western Christmas movies in the living room.

She picked up her phone, scrolling through the various notifications she had. Too many 'Merry Christmas' ones, the Karasuno second-year groupchat's endless conversation, and a few from people she'd actually cared about.

In succession, though, the Miya twins had texted her. She remembered how awkward it had been trying to explain to Atsumu her mother had died while he was gone, but he was surprisingly nice about it, giving her a half-baked hug and calling it a day. Osamu and her talked over the phone frequently now, pointless chatter back and forth for hours.

It made her heart flutter a bit―not as much as Iwaizumi and Oikawa had, but still.

Atsumu's text was a selfie of him under what was presumably mistletoe, holding up a peace sign. He'd said "Merry Christmas, Iori" in a separate text. Deciding to humor him, she sent him a selfie of her looking extremely dead with a "merry christmas i guess" under it.

Osamu's was different though. A lot different.

— Merry Christmas Iori :-)

— If you can, let's meet up later.