Chapter 7: Halloween

Start from the beginning

"Hey, have you seen vicki?" I asked him before he could make any comments.

"No. Why are you even here? No one likes you," he teased, backing me in the corner.

"Tyler, this is a public function, I'm aloud to come," I said, my voice filled with sarcasm.

"Doesnt mean you should. Your nothing Cameron. Even your own sister hates you," he said, a smirk growing.

"Sorry to interrupt. Cameron, care to dance?" Damon said stepping between us.

"You got lucky. Just remember, no one will ever love you," Tyler sneered before disappearing into the party.

"Are you okay?" Damon asked, looking down at me.

"Nothing he said I havent heard before. And nothing he said wasnt true," I sighed.

He leaned forward and put his lips right next to my ear,"you are not nothing. Not to me."

I was stunned. I had no response. He just smirked at me and disappeared into the party. I felt my phone buzz and checked it.

Elena
Vicki's by the buses. She has Jer.

I instantly took of running to the buses. When I got out i saw them all fighting. I was a long stick I could use as a steak. I ran forward just as she grabbed jeremy.

"Let him go and I wont hurt you!" I screamed.

She went to bite jeremy and I just reacted. I took the steak and put it through her heart. I killed her.

I killed her!

"I-i," I stuttered looking at the body.

Suddenly a wave a pain went through me and I felt different. What is happening to me? I looked down at Vicki's body and started to sob.

I may not have liked her, but I'd never thought I'd kill her.

"Cameron," I faintly heard elena say.

"I got this," Damon's voice sounded in the background.

Everything around me was blurred. I killed vicki and I felt something happen to me. What am i?

I felt myself being lifted off the ground and next thing I know I'm in my room.

"I'm going to compel your brother. I will be back," damon said.

"He agreed?" I asked.

"I have to go."

"Damon let him choose!" I yelled but knew he wouldnt listen.

I stumbled over to my vanity and grabbed my hidden blade.

Your nothing. Cut
No one wants you here. Cut.
Your a murderer.  Cut.

"Cameron," I heard Damon's voice.

I dropped my blade and hid my wirst. Why did he have to come back so soon. He grabbed my bloody wrist and I saw his eyes go darker.

Instead of biting me he bit his wrist and forced me to drink again. I watched in awe as my wrist healed without leaving a scar.

"You want to stay at my place tonight? Wait another day before seeing Jeremy?" Damon asked.

I nodded my head.

"Let's go," he picked me up bridal style and ran to his house.

We both walked in. Stefan was on the couch looking distraught.

"I need to talk you both," I whispered.

They gave me a confused look, but stefan motioned me to the couch.

"When I-i k-killed vicki, I felt something in me...change," I told them.

"Change?" Stefan asked.

"There was excruciating pain, then I felt different. What I did to vicki, it triggered something. "

"We need to look into this," stefan said.

"It can wait until tomorrow, we've all had a day," Damon said.

Me and stefan nodded and I followed damon. He game me a shirt and a pair of sweats and I changed in the bathroom. I came out to see damon shirtless.

"Dont worry, I'll be gone in a second," he said.

"Damon, can you stay with me?" I whispered.

He nodded and climbed into the bed and patted the spot beside him. I crawled in bed next to him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer.

"Your safe here," damon whispered.

"I know."