Chapter 1: screw invisible

I woke up in my bedroom in the attic. I looked around my room at the teal walls I painted. I had white furniture and band poster up. It looks like your average teen girl room.

I walked to the bathroom downstairs and got ready for school. I put on a pair of ripped Jeans and my softball hoodie.

Yep. I'm the catcher for the Mystic Falls high varsity softball team. I put on light makeup and put my white hair into a ponytail. I walk downstairs and steal coffee out of Jeremy's hands and smirk at him.

"Ready for school Elena and Jeremy?" Aunt Jenna asked.

They both answered, but I just slipped out of the house. I waited for the bus and sat in the back when it arrived. I was grabbing books from my locker when caroline came up to bonnie and Elena who was next to me.

"Are you okay? Is she okay?" Caroline asked bonnie.

"I'm right here," Elana said.

"You so brave," caroline cried.

She turned and saw me, "hey Cameron. Have a good day," with that she skipped off.

I sighed and walked to my history class. That's how it always is. Poor Elena. Poor Jeremy. Then there's me. I suffered through a boring history class before walking down the halls. I'm bumped into a figure causing me to drop everything.

"Look at the little clutz!" Tyler announced.

I looked down and grabbed all my books. The only time I want to be invisible was when I was with Tyler Lockwood. It just so happens, I'm never invisible around him.

I head to my next class which is band. Yes, I'm a band geek as well. I play percussion and I love it. This is the one place that feels like home. Me and the other percussionist got everything ready for practice, then we sat in the back of the room and talked. Today would be discussions on what to plan for the year and exercises percussion don't need.

A normal band day. Once the class was over I trudged through the rest of the day. After school, I caught the bus home and went up to my room to do homework. As I was working I saw a crow outside of my window.

"Shew!" I yelled and threw a pencil out of my window.

The bird flew away but I was stuck without a pencil. I went to my brother's room only to see him smoke pot.

"I won't snitch on you to Elena if you give me a pencil," I reason.

"Here," he tossed me a mechanical pencil and I went to finish my homework.

After I finished I went to my room and grabbed my blade out of my bag. I have no other way to cope. No other way to express how I feel.

Elena makes everyone's problems her own. Jeremy smokes pot. I cut my wrist and my thighs, and no one knows.

Everyone thinks I'm fine. But oh are they wrong. I close my eyes and slide the blade across my pale wrist. The stinging pain was immediately there making me smile. The place I cut filled with red blood as it went down my wrist. All I could do was smile.

"Screw invisible," i whispered and made another cut.