Grimm Tale Redux (crazyp01)

"I don't see a dead body," detective Clarette Carmine asked stepping on the curb "What are we doing here?"

"We're investigating," replied detective Chase Hunter "like the captain ordered."

We stopped in front of House no 7 on Castle Avenue. The suburban neighborhood was built in the early 2000 and consisted of four rows of houses owned by Grimm corp.

"But why ask for homicide detectives for a routine robbery?"

"They requested for the best and the mayor complied" shrugged Hunter.

A woman opened the door before I could knock. She didn't bother scanning the ID Cards we held up but instead ushered us in.

"I am Sarah King." she smiled "My husband Alan, he'll be a minute."

Mrs. King's long blond hair fell delicately on her oversized white turtleneck unlike my red shoulder length hair. We were about the same age but Mrs. King blended into her surrounding like sugar in milk. She sank into the couch and continued smiling politely. The room was quite ordinary expect for the holographic fireplace which crackled occasionally.

"Are those The Dunes?" Hunter asked.

"Yes. The actual dunes" Mrs. King replied.

"I didn't think we were close to the perimeter."

"We aren't. It's a special kind of tempered glass." she indicated with a nod "It magnifies distances and projects it. The perimeter burns during the day and it's impossible to live by."

"So, we've heard" I replied.

"I am sorry to keep you waiting detectives. I am Alan King"

Mr. Alan looked a few years older that his wife. He was casually dressed in a T-shirt and jeans. He shook our hands and then plopped on the couch besides his wife.

"Well, Mr. Alan. Why are we here?" I asked.

"Some of my wife's jewelry has been stolen and I want it found." he replied.

"But Mr. Alan we work homicide-

"I know but it's necessary that this doesn't get out. You see this neighborhood is extremely secure. Besides the usual security at the gates," he waved his hand in the air "there are facial recognition cameras install in each house with picked nothing."

"What other measures?" Hunter questioned.

"The palm scanner" said Mrs. King.

"There are various Biometric scanners at the doors." replied King.

"What exactly is missing?" I asked.

"A diamond necklace and a ring."

"When did you last see them?"

"Sarah wore the necklace to the charity dinner at The Gliz and the ring probably a week ago at a dinner."

"And you are sure the missing items weren't lost at these events?" I asked.

"No. I am certain I had them when we returned." replied Mrs. King. "Darling, do me have to do this? I am certain they'll be somewhere around the house." she said placing her hand on Mr. King's arm.

"Sarah, we've already searched everywhere " he replied turning towards us "those were heirlooms and I want them found."

"We'll need pictures of the items and the camera footage." I replied standing to leave.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You are not going to believe what the It guys found," Chase announced breathlessly.