Chapter 37: Correcting Decisions

Comenzar desde el principio

Maka: "So... what other upgrades do you have? Other than the whole rocket legs and body heat." she asked.

Penny: "Oh... well, another upgrade that I requested is a secret." she stated with a smile.

There was only a look of confusion on Maka's face as Penny sunk into (Y/n)'s hug. Before she could ask any further, the pilot suddenly spoke up.

Pilot: "We're arriving at the dropzone." he stated.

The three looked outside to vast Tundra only to spot the abandoned Dust mine. Penny and Maka were preparing to jump out of the Manta only for (Y/n) to pull Maka into his hug with Penny suddenly. Without warning, he pulled the two girls outside of the Manta, causing Maka to scream out a bit from the sudden action.

That was when her mouth was suddenly covered by (Y/n)'s hand. Her eyes looked over to him to see him grinning. The look of excitement was visible on his face, even if their task wasn't as dangerous or exciting, he was just happy to be apart of a team again. He let out a laugh as they got closer to the ground. His body suddenly disassembled into his cloud form before turning into his large Grimm form.

(Y/n) formed himself in a nose drive before slowly readjusting himself. He pulled upward and began to fly several feet above the ground, allowing Maka to let out a sigh of relief. Penny and Maka found themselves riding on the back of his neck and grabbing ahold of his hair to hang on.

Once he knew they were safe, (Y/n) began to fly faster and flew ahead of the other Mantas. Penny began laughing in delight while Maka smiled, recalling the first time she had ridden on him. The rush of air passing them by as (Y/n) quickly made his way towards the Dust mine with his eyes looking around for any Grimm.

Upon seeing none, his eyes looked towards the tracks that led into the mine and prepared himself to slow down. He adjusted his wings to slow himself down as he reached the outskirts of the mine. His massive claws and feet slowly touched down on the ground and sank in a bit as he slid. With one large flap of his wings, he slowed down his speed significantly and stopping next to the rail tracks.

The moment he came to a stop, his massive form turned back to mist and swirled around like a cyclone as it became smaller and smaller until forming into his regular form with Penny standing behind him as her blades spun around their group in preparation to defend in case of an ambush. Make stood in front of (Y/n) as she held a new metal pole.

The metal pole has a cylinder of some sorts at the top of it with glass vials of different colors in small compartments for them. There was also a small vertical groove on the side of the cylinder with a metal closing of sorts. At the top of the cylinder, there was also a metal closing well that was more circular in design. At the bottom of the pole, there was another yet smaller circular metal closing. Alongside the pole, there were a few buttons.

The two girls looked around for any signs of Grimm as (Y/n) stood in between them with his eyes closed. The world around him faded away with all color disappearing. Everything became a different shade of black with the exclusion of any living being nearby. Maka radiated a bright golden light while Penny radiated a bright green light.

He turned his head towards the direction of where the other Manta's were coming from and saw a series of other radiating colors with a few fainter colors among the bright ones.

This was how the Grimm finds people. To the Grimm, the world is filled with nothing but darkness. However, everything living being gives off a radiant color in the Grimm's dark world. What the Grimm sees is that living beings Aura. Aura to a Grimm is similar to that as a moth to a flame; they are drawn to it. Though animals indeed have Aura, it isn't a radiating as that as Aura that people have. An Animal's Aura is dim and dull, while a person's Aura is bright and colorful.