Epilogue

Pearl and R'Ka-de sat nervously on the shuttle ship escorted by Ramses and a few other guardsmen. Pearl smiled... "I'm so excited. I can't wait to see our parents again.... And Ramses said there will be a ceremony for the clan's children who graduated... I cannot wait to see Guan-thwei.... Its been such a long time since we have seen big brother...."

R'Ka-de giggled... "And Halkrathde....."

Pearl smiled..."We were kids, I'm sure he has forgotten all that...Probably a big serious male now... hahaha"

R'Ka-de laughed.... "Yes it's so funny when they are trying to be all serious like.... And I say, but we used to play together and screamed whenever I kicked your butt!" The girls both squealed in laughter. Ramses chuckled also. It was good to see the girls grown up now with level heads. R'Ka-de was definitely the boisterous one with an easy smile and loved a challenge, whereas Pearl was more of a sweet one who was caring and concerned with her family. Still, Ramses was proud of them both.

As the shuttle docked with the clan ship, the guard preceded them first. Pearl and R'Ka-de scanned the crowded dock for their parents; Ramses doing the same. It appeared all the parents were here to see their children.

Pearl shouted out, "Mum!" And raced over to her hugging her tightly, Carly laughed, trying to juggle the baby in her arm and the two clutching her leg. Setg hugged his daughters... "Look how tall you are... you are almost as tall as me!"

R'Ka-de laughed, "I think this is as tall as we get... thanks mum."

Carly coughed, "Excuse me?" before laughing. "Come now; let's get you back to the room. There is a party tonight and your brother messaged ahead and said he was coming with all the other guys. Sounds like it's going to be quite a party!"

Setg rolled his eyes, "Ah youth..." and nudged his dad in the ribs. Ramses hissed..."That still hurts you know.... That bloody Bekken. Its going to be a constant reminder of that cursed male."

Setg frowned, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to raise old wounds."

Ramses smiled, "Nonsense, females love scars..." indicating to a female walking past, checking out Ramses.

Setg rolled his eyes... "That's gross father. The thought of you breeding... disgusting."

Ramses smiled wickedly.

Pearl and R'Ka-de dressed in their finest garb and entered the hall. They laughed and smiled with the other females who graduated from the clan. There was a ruckus at the end of the hall and saw the males enter. The girls laughed at their foolishness and continued talking amongst themselves.

The freshly graduated males puffed themselves up and made big shows of how amazing they were as they growled at the females.. Pearl and R'Ka-de pointed out their brother Guan-thwei, who rushed over scooping them up. They laughed at each other and how they had changed. Guan nudged R'Ka-de to which female he could pursuit with her help. R'Ka-de rolled her eyes and pushed him away laughing.

Ramses rolled his eyes. Youth... there is so much testosterone in the air that it would mask a turd. Ramses swished his way through the crowd, trying to get the two sexes to mingle. Someone tapped him on the shoulder, it was the Matriarch....

She smiled at him coyly, "It's been a while since we danced..." Ramses took her hand and started to dance with her.... Carly dropped her jaw and turned to Setg.. "I didn't know Yuatja could dance!"

Setg put on an air of mystery and took Carly's hand as he marched her to the floor. Slowly some of the more bolder ones partnered off to dance. R'Ka-de picked a male that had caught her eye and started to dance, halfway through her dance; she leaned into Pearl who was standing nearby...."Don't look now, but guess who is coming!"

Pearl was confused..."Who?"

R'Ka-de smiled and nodded in the direction behind Pearl.

Pearl turned to see a male approach her, a good head taller than his male friends, he was still smiling from something they said, but his gaze was hunting her. She opened her mouth slightly, her lower mandibles trembled. He was instantly recognisable by the bright red markings, but his dreads were now past his shoulders, changing colour from black to red, his red eyes blazing, searching her own golden ones. She felt her knees go weak. He had her; locked in... she could not escape. She breathed in and he was already in arm's length.

Pearl swooned slightly, "Halkrathde? I can't believe it's you!"

Halkrathde took Pearl's hand and kissed it. "My Princess... may I have this dance?"

Pearl nodded dumbfoundly and accepted. Halkrathde led her out to the floor and danced slowly. Pearl stared into his eyes... her mouth still ajar in amazement. He was so close now, she could feel his muscles pressed against her, his musk was strong and intoxicating. Towering over her, Pearl could feel herself slipping and could not look away from Halkrathde's intense gaze.

Pearl whispered, stammering her words... "I thought you had forgotten all about me..."

Halkrathde smiled, "How could I, you scared me away with a kiss?"

Pearl blushed... "I had forgotten all about that... are you still frightened by my kisses?" The words came out before Pearl could stop herself, she felt herself turning red.

Halkrathde leaned in close enough, his mandibles inches away from hers, his gaze softened and whispered... "There is only one way to find out...."