Chapter 13

It took a couple of months to plan the wedding. In that time, Carly's three young children grew quickly. She could not believe that the Yuatja young grew in weeks, not years like human babies. By the time the wedding came around, her children and Ramses's adoptive son were walking, talking and reading... Carly tried to guess how old they were in human years and figured they would be about six to seven years old.

Pearl had grown quite healthy and was soon as tall as her sister R'ka-de. The two were often competing on who would be the winner in their little games. Guan-thwei followed his father Setg like a shadow and was often seen standing beside him imitating him, much to Setg's dismay at times.

Halkrathde had grown quite quickly and now stood taller than her own children; his berserker DNA becoming more apparent every day as he matured, his face subtly changing as well as his skin colouring becoming more brilliantly patterned and colourful. Whenever he came to visit, Pearl would race to see him, always laughing and playing with him exclusively. Carly enjoyed seeing them together so happy and content. Halkrathde made Ramses proud. He was learning quickly in the warrior ways, his latest achievement being the junior games where Halkrathde placed first.

Carly gave up trying to teach the Yuatja on how to do a human wedding. The rehearsals often ended in a fight or a competition.... In the end she decided she would do a simple Yuatja ceremony. The Matriarch insisted on having a special dress designed just for Carly after the recent events. It was a revealing white dress, lined what felt like silk and feathers. When Carly first tried it on, she was stunned on how breathtaking it was. Now she was having issues with how tight it suddenly had become. It didn't matter anyway, in less than an hour; she and Setg would be life mates.

The Matriarch walked in and smiled at Carly, "You look beautiful... but I don't remember the dress being tight on you...."

Carly nodded, "I know, and my boobs seems to be bigger also."

The Matriarch had a laugh.... "You and Setg cannot leave each other alone...."

Carly felt a bit awkward and confused..."What do you mean?"

The Matriarch tilted her head and laughed... "You are pregnant again!"

Carly went wide eyed and then shook her head...."Again? So soon after pregnancy?"

The Matriarch continued to laugh..."Yes, once we have a baby, the body is ready again... I suspect you are the same... and Setg must have some strong seed...." She was purring now. "I am so proud of him and moreso now that we have two possible princesses in line for the crown."

Pearl and R'Ka-de walked in hand–in-hand, imitating bride and groom. The Matriarch exclaimed "Girls, how did you get so dirty?" She got a damp towel and cleaned the girl's faces. "Now... into your dresses. " The two girls giggled and hurried into their dresses... The Matriarch sighed..."I always wanted daughters."

Carly smiled, "You never know, you and Ramses could still try.. You are young, your highness."

The Matriarch rolled her eyes. "My womb is barren. I've had every healer and test possible and nothing ... and please Carleee call me Lanah. We are family."

"Okay Lanah, but you and Ramses are hardly ever around each other... Remember you need sex to have babies." Carly looked frankly at her.

Lanah rolled her eyes, "Yes but I have duties to perform and I feel like babies are now beyond me. I have a clan to look after. Maybe when the girls are older and I have passed the crown on.... Maybe me and Ramses can go on this... vacation... you talk about."

Carly smiled. "You definitely deserve a vacation."

Lanah's smiled disappeared. "Ramses is going back to the home planet. Halkrathde is getting stronger and Ramses would like to see his education continued. I'm surprised he hasn't asked Setg if he could take Gaun-thwei."