Chapter 1

Carly danced at the Rhino, the exclusive and underground men's club in the back alleys of the city. If Hell had a strip club for its devil employees a place to relax and unwind after committing the day's evils, then the Rhino would be it. Slowly performing her routine against the pole, Carly's emerald eyes glanced over the players..... Crime lords, drug dealers... a few ex boyfriends and one current boyfriend, tonight wasn't going to be pretty.... And judging by the look on her boyfriend's face, he must of found out about her plan to escape him. Arching her back and removing her bra in a slow tease, she wished she could fly away.... The dancing wasn't so bad, she was good and paid well for it... it's just the customers where every bit the bastard.

Finishing off the act, Carly quickly gathered up her clothes off the stage and grabbing the cash as fast as she could, she dashed into the change rooms.... Her only bag packed and the taxi booked. Everything was planned for her, ready to make the run for it.... As she ran towards the makeup room, her face connected with Mr. Current Boyfriend, collapsing in a heap on the floor, money floating to the ground like oversized glitter.... Carly looked up, watching her boyfriend wipe his bloody knuckles.... She felt the swelling on her cheek begin.

"Watch it bitch, I am gonna teach you a lesson... you ain't leaving Ricky"

Carly knew her only defense was to lie.... Ricky was a drug dealer who had connections.... Connections that lead to people disappearing, how she got messed up with him, she never knew....

"What ya talkin' 'bout Ricky, I ain't leavin' ya.... Ya hearing lies...." Tears ran down her cheeks, smearing her makeup as the tears flowed... Ricky had murder in his eyes....

"Tonight bitch.... Is going to be a lesson you will never forget..." He turned away walking out back towards his table.

Carly got up shakily, assisted by some of the girls who saw the incident. What was she to do? She stumbled a few steps forward and headed into the makeup room after spying the goons at the exits. Ricky ain't gonna let me leave... or live.... Her heart dropped.... What was a good girl like me doing in this hell hole...? Where did I take that wrong turn?

Sitting in front of the mirror, the last girl said goodbye to her. Carly didn't want anyone to be here when Ricky came to get her. She wanted to be alone. Dressing in a white lace baby doll dress, she looked in the mirror... the makeup barely covering her bruised mouth, the swelling deforming her face a little.

So this is what I am going to wear when they find my body huh? Couldn't I wear something better? But she didn't have the strength to change into something else. She wanted to appear innocent, but this was as good as it was going to get..... Just like my taste in men huh? As good as it gets....

She looked at her nails and frowned. Hundred dollar manicure and it still looks like shit. She pretended she didn't hear Ricky slip behind her... she wanted to be pretty just for a moment longer before Ricky ruined her and heaven knows what Ricky had in mind. Finding her strength she looked at Ricky in the reflection of her mirror, her eyes full of anger.

"Do ya worse Ricky, cos this is tha last time you filthy fingers touch me!" She screamed. Ricky picked her up by her hair, Carly wincing in pain as he led her out the back into the alley..... Thugs in tow... Ricky slapped her across the face and Carly fell to the floor in reaction, the safest place to be... out of Ricky's fists reach.

"You know what I am gonna do to you bitch? I'm gonna make you so dam ugly that you won't be able to show your face again... ever!" Carly's heart thudded... Cruel bastard... Evil bastard.... Looking up at him, she screamed at him....

"I hope God tears your farking heart out and shoves it in your butt ugly face before you die!" spitting at him... It was all she could muster, her strength failing her.... She was gonna die..... Looking at the moon, it was perfect in the moonlight, like a pearl in a bed of black velvet... the stars twinkling around. A beautiful night.....God please save me.... Whispering with bruised lips, a stinging tear running down the side of her face.....

Ricky raised his fist..... Carly closed her eyes....

But the thud she heard wasn't Ricky's fist. She opened her eyes and Ricky was impaled upon a spear that crackled in the moonlight. Her rescuer stepped out from the dark, bathed in moonlight, a halo of silver shining from him. Carly gasped.... She was saved by this... Dark Angel...

The dark angel barked at the thugs, shaking his head furiously, his dreadlocks shaking about his head wildly. Carly looked at him, wide eye in awe......amazing!

A thug reached for his gun in his jacket and as he pulled it out and aimed it, the Angel had already ripped it out of his hand, pulling the thug forward, the angel's blades running him through. More thugs attacked this angel.... More thugs fell by this angel... His martial arts as flawless as the moonlight herself as it flowed down upon him, as if blessing him....

Carly watch him in slow motion... she did not see the deaths of the thugs... only the smooth slow motion of this angel, his muscles rippling in the moonlight.... His footings sure, every move calculated... Carly felt her heart skip a beat when she saw him look at her.... In that split second she felt a connection and a surge of energy filled her.... This was love.... Carly was so sure of it.... It was so pure, so real.... She could taste it, run her tongue over it and breathe it. She felt.... Alive....

The angel finished and surveyed the scene. He knew what he was doing... he saw the human female attacked and then attacked again.... It sickened him and how she stood there ready to take whatever these....weaklings..... Were going to do. He intervened.... And enjoyed it.

He looked upon the rescued woman... her face was bruised.... But there was a moment.... She looked at him, bathed in moonlight... she glowed... like a goddess.... Her green eyes.... Paya... like a goddess... He wanted her....

Ricky was struggling to sit up, coughing up blood and clutching at his open wound.... He looked over at Carly and spat whatever blood and mucus was in his mouth... Farking bitch!

His words alerted the Angel who had already finished off his thugs... He slowly turned to face him and in the moonlight he thought he saw the devil mask smile.... Ricky started to back away... panic in his face...

"NO... NOOOOOO!!!! " he screamed as the Angel leant over and ripped out Ricky's heart.

The Angel snorted as he looked at the trophy he claimed... this weakling's heart??? It looked pathetic. UNWORTHY of such a mighty warrior... he dropped the heart, landing in Ricky's face. Spying a piece of cloth nearby, he wiped his hands of the low life filth.

He turned to Carly, aglow in the light, her eyes wide with adornment and reached out to her.... Carly looked at his hand and reached out to take it, his energy shooting through her as she did. He helped her up and they stood together, hands still touching....

Carly all nervous in her Angel's presence, her heart fluttering in her chest.... She felt like she would burst if he ever left...

"Take me..... Take me....home...." Her Angel stood still for a moment before nodding and picking her up.... Walking back into the darkness.....