Chapter 13: Just Like You

Start from the beginning

"After, I couldn't be too sure on who to trust. But with you... I thought if you were kind to me as I was before, you would be worthy of me now. I didn't expect a lovely omega like you to get so close to a commoner. You're a beautiful omega inside and out. And I... I'm just a no good desperate king looking for love in the wrong places," Jungkook sighed and finally looked up at the omega. "I'm sorry I've mistaken your kindness for something more..."

"It's a lot to take in... but, thank you for sharing this with me," Jimin said and by there, he sat plotted down onto the grass below. "I'm still confused when it comes to how I feel about you... I still see you as a friend but then, I want more of it. Did I rush in too soon? Did we rush in?"

"You don't have to be confused any longer... I can guide you and sort it out all for you. Talk to me please..." Jungkook begged and sat next to the omega. Silence followed after as the two pondered the situation that occured. Jungkook just longed to read Jimin's mind at a time like this. He longed to paint Jimin's complex, yet, beautifully built mind and stand back to observe it further.

"I can't believe you're the king..." Jimin whispered softly and broke the silence. "I feel as if... everything is different now. I wish you never told me this... now, I can't treat you differently," Jimin said, holding his breath as Jungkook glanced his way. The pale moonlight danced on their skins and painted Jimin's tense shoulders from the conversation at hand. The omega was nervous around the king and didn't know what to do. Things like this confused him.

"Jimin... you deserve to know the truth. Besides, I'm still human. We eat, sleep, breathe, all the same! You don't have to treat me like I am an immortal god," Jungkook mentioned. Turning his body towards Jimin as they sat in front of the stars. "I'm no different... don't treat me differently." Jungkook absolutely hated this part; being king always seemed to have those moments where he was treated like a gift from above and everyone absolutely bashed in his glory. Apparently, the king didn't admire this type of attention. "I just want to be treated the same," whispered Jungkook as he moved in closer to Jimin.

"But you can't be treated the same. You are special to us, we have to adore you and worship everything you do. I... I can't see you the same anymore," continued the omega; biting his bottom lip and avoiding eye contact with the young king once more. "No matter how badly I want to fulfil your wishes, I want to treat you like I did before, but I can't ignore you now. You are not a commoner, you are a King. I'm not above you."

"I want what we had before. Where we can meet every morning and smile at each other... I don't want that to change!"

"You are not supposed to be talking to me in private like this. I may be an upper-class omega but we can not be left unsupervised. Being seen like this would have the whole land talking about us. I-I'm engaged, my King. No one would let me live this out."

Slowly but carefully, Jungkook got a hold of Jimin and caressed his hand over the omega's face. Holding him by his face and pulling him in so gently. Jimin fretted the sudden embrace as his eyes grew in worry and fear.

"W-What are you doing, M-My King?" gasped Jimin as he didn't know whether to push him away or remain there since he couldn't lay a finger on the king because he feared the power Jungkook had over him. "If someone sees us like this... they'll kill me," squeaked the omega in pure fear that burned from within his chest.

"Shh.. I won't let them do that to you. Park Jimin, you mean the world to me," Jungkook whispered. After those words seemed to soothe Jimin and knock off the tons of worry weighing down on his gentle shoulders like boulders, everything went silent as Jungkook held the omega by his soft face. Jimin's heart pounded in fear; he gulped and his hands trembled at the sight of his king holding his face softly. It wasn't until then, Jungkook moved in closer and pressed his forehead against the omega. "I'm just like you..."

With that gentle whisper slipping into Jimin's mind, it calmed the omega until Jungkook leaned in to kiss his soft and gentle lips. The ecstasy burning through their contact caused Jungkook to smile into the kiss while Jimin fought back the temptation to pull away. Deep down, they both wondered how great it would feel to lock lips and hold each other close. Soft and warm; that's how their second kiss felt. It was like a jar of honey being drizzled against their lips, as sweet as that was, Jimin suddenly received a bitter feeling right after; causing the omega to gasp and pull away. Breaking the sweet contact their lips shared.

Jimin wanted to kiss Jungkook further, he wanted to feel the alpha against his body just like earlier, but he couldn't focus. Everything seemed to shift so quickly and he couldn't grasp onto the fact that this was no longer the same man he fell for. This was the king; a man full of power. Jimin thought if he was to deny this any further or push the alpha away, Jungkook would use his position against him.

"I can't...I can't see you the same as before, you're my king!" Jimin gasped once more as he covered his lips and averted eyes.

"Stop calling me that... Just call me Jungkook. Jimin, we went over this already," Rephrased the king. "You can see me the same as before! It's hard to take in, I understand that, but please... Don't let this alter what we have here."

"No, no... I can't, you're the King. Ah, I can't think properly! All those things I've done to you before... forgive me." Jimin took a pause. The cherry color on the omega's face deepened as the sweet glaze of innocence grew in his brown eyes. "I-I need to go and think about this..."

Jungkook watched Jimin spring up, latch his small hands onto the lower skirt of his hanbok, and leave with anchors of hesitation burning through his heart. The omega didn't want to leave, he wanted to make this work but the thought of Jungkook being king just changed the way he viewed the alpha before. Since Jungkook kept such a secret from him, he couldn't seem to adjust to this so easily. It was such a big change Jungkook expected, but not Jimin.

Once the innocent omega left, Jungkook touched the center of his soft lips and sighed. Closing his eyes and holding onto that sweet and soft feeling he wished to experience once more. "Great... I broke him," hissed the alpha to himself as he closed his eyes and pushed back against the ground. Noting how tense he made Jimin really feel at the sudden embrace that went from something so sweet and innocent, to bitter and unexpected so quickly.