Chapter 1

Kartik was angry. Naira had left the hospital on her own. Her leg was injured. He knew there was more to injury. The doctor had told him that there was a previous injury on her right leg. And was this the reason she couldn't dance? Dance was her life. Whenever she was sad, happy, angry, frustrated or feeling any other emotion she would always dance. She had told Kunal and Tanvi that she got injured 2 years ago. Did that mean she hadn't danced for two years ? The girl who couldn't live 2 days without dancing hadn't danced for 2 years.

All these questions were swimming in his head. Shouting at him from inside. He wanted no needed answers. Suddenly he bumped into someone. The person was carrying some files and all the papers within the files fell down.

Kartik :- I am so sorry. I wasn't looking. Please forgive me.

Person :- no no. It's ok. It happens. Don't worry.

The person kneeled down to collect the papers and kartik also kneeled down to help him. He was collecting the papers when suddenly he read a name on one of the papers which shocked him to the core. It was the name of his brother. ' Shubham Goenka '. Why was this carrying a paper which had his brother's name written on it ?
He needed to know that. The person collected all the papers of the files except for the one which kartik had in his hand. Kartik stood up and so did the person.

Kartik :- aapke pass ye paper.... Ye Shubham Goenka mere bhai ka naam hai.

Person :- ohh. Aap kartik hai. Mrs. Naira's husband.

Kartik was stunned. How did this person know naira? He was about to ask when the man brought forward his hand for a handshake.

Person :- hi. I am dr. Batra. Vo darasal mein yahan ek conference ke liya aaya tha. Jahan par drug addiction ki vajah se hui death ke baare hum discussion karte hai aur kaise usse roka jaa sakta hai.

Kartik shakes his hand.

Dr. Batra :- Shubham ka illaj mein hi kar raha tha.

Kartik was stunned. Shubham was getting treatment ? By whom and how come no one knew of this ?

Dr. Batra :- actually aapki wife hi lekar aayi thi usse treatment ke liye. In fact I used to wonder ki aur koi kyun nahi aata hai. Phir mughe pata chala ki usne kisi ko bataya hi nahi tha aur batana chahta bhi nahi tha. Maine kai baar Shubham ko suna tha naira ji se kehte hue ki agar aapne bataya toh mein treatment chod dunga. Aur aapki wife, bechari kaise kaise convince karti thi ussey kabhi maa ki kasam dekar toh kabhi apni. Naira ji ne kitni baar ye bhi kaha tha ki kisi aur ko nahi sirf aapko bata de. Par Shubham nahi maana. Kabhi kabhi galti kisi ki nahi hoti par situation aisi ho jaati hai jisme koi kuch nahi kar pata. Aur humne toh aise kai saare cases dekhe hai jisme patient se jyada uski family safar karti hai. I am sure aapki family ne bhi bahut safar kiya hoga.

Kartik didn't know what to say, what to think ? Naira was getting Shubham treated for his addiction. Suddenly he had flashback of him and swarna shouting and blaming naira for Shubham's death and naira pleading that she didn't kill Shubham.

Tears came in his eyes as he got restless. For two years he blamed naira for his brother's death when the fact was that she was only trying to save him. Naira had wanted to tell them but in fear of Shubham stoping the treatment she didn't say anything. She was trying to save him and what did he do ? He blamed her.

Dr. Batra :- vaise ab aapki wife ke right leg ki injury kaisi hai.

Kartik :- ji ?

Dr. Batra :- ji injury. Terrace se gir gayi thi na vo do saal pehle. I think jis din aapke bhai ke death hui usi din unka bhi accident hua tha. Maine dekha tha unhe hospital mein.