Chapter 6

Naira was worried. Very worried. She hadn't seen kartik since morning. Not even after she had come back home. And now it was dusk. They were planning to take there families out somewhere but he was nowhere to be seen. He wasn't even picking her calls. And when she had wanted to go to his flat, her family stopped her. Not telling her the reason but just telling her to wait. Even naksh and keerti were not there. Naira was panicking inside. She knew something was wrong. Her entire family knew and were not telling her. She was on the verge of loosing her patience when Naitik came inside her room.

Naitik :- naira. Chalo jaldi se.

Naira :- kya hua papa?

Naitik :- kartik hospital mein admit hai.

Naira froze. Her mind seemed to stop before it registered what Naitik said.

Naira :- kya. Par kyun papa ? Vo thik toh hai na? Kya hua usse?

Naitik :- kartik ki tabiyat thik nahi hai. Usse alcohol withdrawal symptoms ho rahe hai.

Naira was shocked. She felt tears in her eyes. She ran to the elevator with Naitik following. Naira was numb. She didn't even realise when they reached the hospital. She just ran to the reception and asked for Kartik's room and where it was. She didn't even see who was standing outside his room. She just ran inside.

She was shocked to see kartik lying on the hospital bed in semi conscious state. Tears fell from her eyes as she sat down on the stool beside the bed. She touched his hand. As if her touch completely woke kartik, he looked at her.

Kartik :- naira.

Naira had tears falling from her eyes.

Naira :- ye kya halat bana li hai tumne apni.

Kartik just smiled.

Kartik :- kuch nahi hua hai mughe.

Naira :- acha. Vo toh dikh raha hai. Kyun drink karte the itna? Huh ?

Kartik :- sach kahoon.

Naira just nodded.

Kartik :- tumhari yaad aati thi bahut jyada. Itna ki bardasht nahi hota tha. Har din, har pal kaatna mushkil tha isliye peena shuru kiya. Kam se kam thodi der ke liye sahi par apne saare gam bhul jaata tha.

Naira cried. She leaned over and hugged him tightly on the chest.

Kartik :- naira. Please shaant jo jao.

Naira separated from his chest.

Naira :- pehle vaada karo. Aaj ke baad kabhi haath bhi nahi lagaoge sharab ko.

Kartik :- vaada.

Naira hugged him again. Unknown to them swarna had been listening to there talk. She was shocked. She straight away went to the idol of the lord in the hospital. What had she done? In the past 2 years she had grown so overbearing to kartik that she had failed to see the actual problem. The actual reason why he was suffering. And naira. She had hurt her badly. She realised that she never even gave her a chance to explain. Just accused her. And now, when the truth had finally come out she didn't want to accept it. She had done a mistake. She needed to set it alright. For everyone. She hadn't just hurt Kartik but she had hurt two families for the past 2 years. She had to apologise to them.

Naira was lying beside kartik on the hospital bed. She was stroking his head. Kartik suddenly opened his eyes as if realising something.

Naira :- kya hua?

Kartik :- tum maa se mili.

Naira was surprised.

Naira :- maa yahan par hai ?