A Weekend With Junie Woods (Saturday)

Почніть із самого початку

   "Maybe we should move to your room? I think we're both dirty enough and I don't want to bother your grandmother while she's baking again," Athena said, brushing herself off a little bit. She got the shorter to giggle again at the mention of Athena's previous mistake of bothering her grandmother. They nearly had to chop off her ponytail with how messy it got. Luckily Juniper is a goddess when it comes to dealing with any kind of hair.

   Juniper nodded, remembering her friend's question. She began off towards her room, but was stopped by a hand on her shoulder. "Wait, you forgot this," Athena mentioned, placing a sun hat on her head. The hat nested perfectly atop her head as Athena dragged them off to Juniper's room.

   Balls of yarn and unfinished projects were scattered everywhere. There were also a few succulents next to the window. An abstract painting hung above Juniper's bed. If Athena didn't know she was studying to be a judge and that she casually tended a very large garden, she'd assume Juniper was just an art student. Juniper looked right at home here, but there was a lost look in her eyes.

   "'Thena? Have you gone back home lately?" Juniper asked, staring out the window.

   "What makes you ask that?" Athena moved next to her and wrapped an arm around the lost one.

   Juniper sighed and looked Athena in the eyes. "Aura visited the other day..."

   "What?"

   "She asked about us. A bit more specifically about you. I think she misses you because she mentioned that we're still always welcome at the space center."

   Athena shook her head. "That doesn't really sound like the Aura I last knew. Last Aura I remember is psychopathic, lesbian, robot abuser."

   "'Thena! That's rude and you know it!"

   Athena messed with her ponytail. "I know, but Aura was never the nicest to me either after what happened to mom."

   Juniper's expression softened. "Sorry, 'Thena."

   "It's alright."

   "Aura had asked how you were doing now." Junie paused. "And she mentioned she has something important to ask you about."

   Athena perked up. "She had something important to ask me?"

   Juniper nodded. "She said she could only tell you at the center though," she muttered.

   Holding her chin, Athena looked out the window to ponder what Aura could possibly have in store for her. "I'll ask Simon to take us after school on Tuesday then. He's already planning to stop by that day anyway." She glanced over at her friend noticing the shine in her, what most people would call dull, hair. Athena never really understood why a lot of people would describe Junie's hair like that. Then again, she didn't really understand a lot of things most people think and feel is nice enough to say out loud.

   "Us?" Something about Juniper asking about them struck nicely to Athena.

   "Well, yeah. I don't think I'd be able to face there again on my own. If I ever had to do it again, I know you're the one I'd want to do it with. Will you come with me, Junie?" Athena asked.

   Her eyes were gleaming as she pulled the future psychologist into her arms. Athena draped her arms around her, and it wasn't long before Juniper shook in them. The shirt Athena wore with her jacket began to feel damp. She rubbed the other's back. "Junie, are you okay?"

   Juniper sniffled. "I missed you so much, 'Thena," she mumbled with awkward pauses between words. It's been so long since Athena's had Juniper breakdown into tears in front of her. The last time would've been before Athena had moved to Europe for those few years.