First Letter

March 1

Dear Drew,

It’s been 3 years since we first met right? Do you remember how we met? Well, in my case, every time that I try to remember that exact moment, it’s as if I was really re-living the moment.

I was with my friend Sam when I first saw you. You were alone and I could sense loneliness in your eyes. The moment Sam left, I urged myself to go and talk to you. I made an irritating sound just to get your attention. You smiled at me and guess what? For the first time in my life, my heart started beating so fast. I guess my heart knew from the start that we’ll be sharing something special.

We talked for hours and it’s as if there’ll be no tomorrow. I’m getting kind of sleepy already but seeing you smile and laugh makes me want to talk to you more. But I guess I gave up because I just found myself hopping off to dreamland. Okay. I have to admit this.  When I entered dreamland, I dreamt of you. It may sound cheesy or what but that’s the truth! No lies! You know how much I hate lying, right?

Anyways, I’m so sorry if I slept. I know I caused you a lot of trouble that day. First, I’m this complete stranger who kept on talking to you and kept on insisting to make you share your story. Second, I made you pay the bills for the food that I ate. Sorry. I’m really into eating. I hope I didn’t use up all your cash that time. Third, I slept while you’re talking. I know it’s kind of rude for me but I’m really, really sorry! Fourth, because I slept without even telling you where I live, you had to bring me all the way to your home.

Oh well. I know there are more cons that happened that day compared to the pros but I’m happy that I got the chance to do all those with you. I’m happy because I got the chance to meet a person like you.

And I know I’ll never get the chance to meet someone like you again.

I love you Drew!

Confessing my heart out,

Michelle