Fifth Letter

March 5

Dear Drew,

I woke up today still wondering what went wrong. It’s been a month since we broke and still, I can’t let go. Yeah, I know I must move on and carry on with my life but it’s just so hard to do. 

Again, I have to blame you. 

Maybe if you didn’t spoil me when we were together, I could be a lot better now. Maybe if you let me be the person that I was even before we met, I’m still very much in control of my life today. Maybe if we didn’t hold on for too long, I found someone new who could make my life worth living.

But those are all just maybes. They are not true and will never come true. 

Could you just please explain why you left me? Then could you please return my heart as well? Maybe after that I could be myself again. Maybe after that, I could learn how to love other people again.

You know what? I hate crying already. I’m so tired of crying. I don’t want to cry myself to sleep again just because of this stupid heartbreak.

I hate to admit this but until now, you’re still the only who could stop my tears from flowing. Is there any way for you to go back here and wipe my tears away?

I don’t want to sound desperate but I just want to say the truth. Drew, I need you in my life. I need you so much. The moment you left, you broke the puzzle of my life. You’re the missing piece and I miss you so much.

Confessing my heart out,
Michelle