Chapter 4:- Things We Do for Love

Start from the beginning

It was not a list per se. All it said was, 'Help everyone you can. I will talk to Xavier,' that had made her smile, at least she still had her best friend.

Three days later, nothing had changed. Helping was just the cover. Stacy and her few friends had made sure that everyone knew what Selena was accused of. Most of them couldn't believe her, and they didn't want to punish her in any way, as they knew she was the mate of their alpha, their Luna, and they didn't want to risk facing the wrath of their alpha. The few others were angry, they felt betrayed. The first group of people didn't particularly make her life harder. But the second group, under the leadership of Stacy, made sure to make her life a living hell. Selena was made to do all the work all by herself and with little help from others.

Since that first morning, she hadn't heard anything from Ryan. Rumours however stated that the alpha spent most of his time outside the pack-house. People thought he was trying to get over the betrayal of his mate, courtesy of Stacy. Ryan was thus left with the hard work of doing all the pack related work. Selena felt Izzy's anger rising once again.

'Give him a chance, Izzy. He is just very angry.'

'I am angry as well. Hell, I'm furious. He should have listened to us at least once.' Izzy vanished saying this. Selena sighed.

By the time the door to the dining room and kitchen was opened by the people in the pack-house, breakfast was done.

Selena was waiting by the counter in case anyone needed anything. However, no one spoke to her. In fact, everyone completely ignored her, except for Stacy, who had made it the mission of her life to rub it in her face that she was now a demoted omega.

"Good morning, Stacy," Selena said, knowing she has to greet as Stacy is right now superior in rank to her.

"Not so good for you, dear omega?" Stacy smiled sweetly and with that, she stepped on her foot with her stilettoes.

Selena whimpered but the sudden pain but became quiet immediately. She will not appear to be weak in front of her. Stacy had a smug look on her face as she started walking towards the tables.

Ryan, who was behind Stacy, looked at Selena sympathetically before quickly covering it up. Selena growled mentally as the look of sympathy was something she hated the most.

'You and me both,' Izzy growled.

She could see Ryan had kept his food on the table where his mate was and then went towards Stacy. She could only wonder what he was talking to her about. Ileana had met eyes with Selena more than once but didn't know what to say to her. She was just as confused as to everything that was happening.

Selena had eaten a little bit before everyone came. As soon as everyone sat to eat, Selena left the room to see what else she had to do. The packhouse was huge and one of her duties was to clean the packhouse. After she had cleaned the house and helped everyone else with everything as much as she could, she went back to the kitchen. Time to wash the dishes and make lunch.

The dining, as she had assumed was devoid of people except for Stacy who sat there with all of her followers talking and giggling like a teenager. The sight made Selena's blood boil. God, how she hated her...

Without uttering a single word, she went straight to the sink to wash the dishes and they started speaking louder making sure I heard them.

"I'm gonna go to Xavier tonight. The coast is clear right now. No more bitches to stop me from taking what is mine." She said cheerfully and extra loudly.

'Let's. Will. Rip. Off. Her. Head. And. Use. Her. Wolf. Skin. As. A. Rug. In. Our. Room,' Selena growled mentally.

'With pleasure.' Izzy sneered.