Classes

As a family, they'd already discussed this moment from every possible angle. Carlisle disapproved of the risk, but he wouldn't impose his will on Edward's. Jasper disapproved nearly as much, but from fear of exposure rather than any concern for humankind. Rosalie only worried about how it would affect her life. Anthony was worried about how his and Alice's life would be changed if anything that would happen. He was scared if anyone knew about Alice's powers. Esme thought Edward could do no wrong. And Emmett just wanted to compare stories about his own experiences with particularly appealing scents. 

'I.....think it's okay,' Alice said, hesitant. 'Your mind is set. I think you'll make it through the hour. 'I'm on the class with Diana. I want to ask her about the shopping trip that she wants to do'.

'Let's not get carried away,' said Anthony. 'You don't do anything, until she asks you come with her'.

'Why push it, Edward?' Jasper asked. Though he didn't want to feel smug that he was the weak one now, Edward could hear that he did, just a little. 'Go home. Take it slow'.

'What's the big deal?' Emmett disagreed. 'Either he will or he won't kill her'.

'You might as well get it over with, either way,' said Anthony agreeing with Emmett.

'I don't want to move yet, you guys,' said Rosalie complaining. 'I don't want to start over. We're almost out of high school, Emmett. Finally'.

'No, Rose. I think it really will be okay,' Alice said. 'It's firming up, I'm ninety-three percent sure that nothing bad will happen if he goes to class'.

She looked at Edward, inquisitive, wondering what had changed in his thoughts that made her vision of the future more secure.

'I just hope your curiosity would keep her alive,' Anthony. 

Emmett and Anthony was right, though-----why not get it over with, either way? Edward would face the temptation head-on.

'Go to class,' Edward ordered pushing away from the table. Edward turned and strode away from them without looking back. Edward could hear Alice's worry, Jasper's censure, and Anthony's anger.

Diana took off to the lockers and opened it as she rummaged in her bag and took her English book.

'Diana, wait up,' said Alice. Diana turned to look at Alice and gave her smile. 

'Ready for English?' Diana asked. Alice beamed as she moved closer to Diana as they went to the class.

Things were boring for them as they sat down and started listening to the class. But not for Bella and Edward. When the bell rang, Edward fled from the classroom----probably destroyed whatever impression of politeness he'd constructed in the course of the hour. 

Emmett waited for Edward outside the door of their Spanish class. He read his wild expression for a moment.

'How did it go?' Emmett wondered warily.

'Nobody died,' Edward mumbled.

I guess that's something. When I saw Alice ditching her English class at the end, I thought......

'What's going on? What's with Alice?' Anthony asked in a bit of worry.

Alice and Diana was walking briskly and blank-faced across the grounds toward the science building. Edward felt his remembered urge to get up and join them and then his decision to stay.

Edward closed his eyes in horror and disgust as he  slumped into his seat. 

'I hadn't realized it was that close. I didn't think I was going to......I didn't see that it was that bad,' Edward whispered. 'I almost killed Bella and her cousin'.

'It wasn't,'  he reassured Edward. 'Nobody died, right?'

'Right,' Edward said through his teeth. 'Not this time.'

Maybe it will get easier Emmett thought.

'Sure,' said Edward simply.

Or maybe you kill her.He shrugged. You wouldn't be the first one to mess up. No one would judge you too harshly. Sometimes a person just smells too good. I'm impressed you've lasted this long.

'Not helping, Emmett,' said Edward irritably.

'See you later, Bella. I'll meet you in few hours,' said Diana as she came towards Edward with others. 

Bella nodded her head and went into the car without looking at Edward.

'Shall we go?' Anthony asked. 'I promised, Carlisle to help him with the firewood'.

'Yeah, come on,' said Alice. 'I need to plan for our shopping trip'.

Diana laughed as she followed Alice, Anthony and Jasper to their car. Emmett and Rosalie are going to school in Edward's car.

They came to the Cullen's house. Diana and Jasper get down in front of the house as they enter through the front door.

'Hey, Mom....we're home,' Jasper called to Esme. Esme came down with William in her arms. William started crying as he extended to reach for Diana.

'Awwwwww....this is the only time he cried,' said Esme. Diana took William in her arms and he stopped crying as he buried himself in Diana's neck.

'Thank you for taking care of him Esme,' said Diana. 'I better leave there's a lot of things to do'.

At that time, Edward came to the living room, Diana looked at Edward and gave him a smile. 

'It's nice to meet you, finally Edward,' said Diana. William turned to look at Edward and he hid himself into Diana. 'Sorry he's a bit shy'.

But Edward didn't reply, so Diana waved her hand to others, she hugged Esme and went out. Jasper was waiting with Diana's other bag in his arm with William's car seat.

'Ready to go?' Jasper asked. Diana nodded her head. They went inside Edward's car as Jasper drove the car.

'Is there something wrong with, Edward?' Diana asked. 'Why does he feel like he's hurt?' 

'He's going to through tough time. I'm sure things will get better,' said Jasper. 

'Alright, if you say so,' said Diana. As she tried to avoid the topic and stop looking at Jasper like a love sick puppy.

Get it together Diana. You're not falling in love with him. Diana thought. You swore, you'll never love again for William's sake.

Diana got out of the car and hugged Jasper and took William out of the car and took her bags. Jasper helped her with the car seat.

'Thanks, Jasper. You're great help, ' said Diana. He left them only after she went inside.

'Hey, I thought you would spend time there, ' said Bella.

'I don't know. There nothing to do there, ' said Diana.

'You can tell me, Di,' said Bella.

'I think, I'm falling in love with Jasper,' said Diana.

'That's great,' said Bella.

'No it is not,' said Diana. 'I'm not putting William through this again. Not after he left me. It took me a month to console, William. I don't want to go through this again. I'm not strong enough. Nor I want my son to feel the pain'.

Bella hugged Diana and William.