The Truth

Then a thud ad a loud bang, Diana woke up startling and looked at the source of the noise but nothing. After making sure he fell back to sleep. Diana came towards the clock to check the time. It was only five thirty in the morning.

She groaned, fell back in her bed rolling over onto her face trying to get some more sleep. But she was wide awake couldn't fall asleep so she woke up and went to brush her teeth. Bella was working in her computer. Curious to know what's going on. Diana entered Bella's room and hugged her from behind resting her chin in Bella's head. Bella turned the computer on. Naturally, the screen was covered in pop up ads. Bella closed all the pop up ads and opened her favorite search engine and types one word VAMPIRE.

'Bella, I know our theories about the Cullen's are creative. Let's not get out of Sci-Fi. Fantasy is not our thing,' said Diana.

'Just go. Leave all the research with me,' said Bella scuffing. 'I need breakfast.'

Diana huffed and went to make breakfast. Finally made, Garlic bread toast, bacon and fried eggs. Bella came down with William both of them fully dressed.

'Well, since we need more research,' said Bella.

'I don't care where we go, as long as that doesn't involve a three-day drive,' said Diana. She packed a small bag with necessities.

Bella pulled on her booth anyway, unclear where they were headed, and went downstairs. Diana shrugged into her raincoat without checking the weather and stomped out the door.

It was overcast, but not raining yet. They ignored their truck and started east on their foot, angling across Charlie's yard toward the ever encroaching forest. It didn't take long till they were deep enough for the house and the road to be invisible, for the only sound to be the squish of the clamp earth.

William squealed and got down from Diana's arms and started running. There was a thin ribbon of a trait that led through the forest here, or Diana wouldn't risk wondering by herself or Bella on her own like this. Bella's sense of direction was hopeless; she could get lost in much less helpful surroundings.

William stood on a fallen tree and jumped to the ground. Diana sighed and hugged William and tickled him. He was wheezing and laughing. A few drops of moisture trickled down from the canopy above them, but Bella and Diana couldn't he certain if it was beginning to rain or if it was simply pools left over from yesterday.

'So...the Cullen's are vampires?' Diana asked.

Immediately Bella's mind responded with a resounding negative. It was silly and morbid to entertain such ridiculous notions.

'Come on, Di...there's no other explanation about that incident,' said Bella. 'They are impossibly fast and strong, the eye colour shift from black to gold and back, their inhuman beauty, the pale, frigid skin. And more----small things---how they never seemed to eat.'

'It is true, their unfamiliar cadences and phrases that better fit the style of a turn-of-the century novel than that of a twenty-first-century class room,' said Diana.

'Well, they were something. Whether it be Jacob's cold ones or our super hero theory,' said Bella.

'What are we going to do if it was true?' Diana asked.

If Edward and Jasper were vampires-----Bella and Diana could hardly make themselves think the words ---- then what should they do? Involving someone else was definitely out.

'But when I think of Jasper, of his voice, the gentle man personality. I couldn't live without him,' said Diana. Bella gasped and her eyes widened. 'I know I told the same about Tom. But this feeling is different and I know William also loves Jasper.'