Beach trip

Diana and Angela were taking a math test and they were teaching each other and comparing their notes. When the final bell rang, Diana went to find Jasper. He was waiting for her. She smiled and climbed into the car and soon Jasper joined her.

They reached the Cullen's house soon. Esme and William were waiting for them. Esme packed William's bag.

'Hi, honey,' said Diana and went towards them. William dived into Diana's outstretched arms. 'Thanks, Esme for taking care of him.'

'No problem,' said Esme. She hugged William and Diana goodbye. Jasper came and took the bag and car seat and placed them in his car. Diana strapped William in his car seat and she sat down in the front with Jasper.

Jasper drove the car in a steady pace. Diana and Jasper were talking about how their day went and how William was in their house.

They reached just as Bella pulled up in the drive way.

'Thanks for the ride,' said Diana and took William in her arms and the bag.

'No problem, Diana. I'll see you tomorrow,' said Jasper.

Diana nodded her head and smiled. William waved his hand.

'Byeeeee,' said William waving his hand.

'Bye, William,' said Jasper smiled and waved to them.

That night at dinner, Charlie seemed enthusiastic about their trip to La Push in the morning. Bella thought he felt guilty for leaving Bella, Diana and William home alone on the weekends, but he'd spent too many years building his habits to break them now. Of course he knew the names of all the kids going, and their parents, and their grandparents, too probably.

'Dad, do you know a place called Goat Rocks or something like that? I think it's south of Mount Rainier,' Bella asked casually. Diana's interest also peeked as she looked at Bella and Charlie.

'Yeah---why?' Charlie asked.

Bella shrugged. 'Some kids were talking about camping there.'

'It's not a very good place for camping,' said Charlie. He sounded surprised. 'Too many bears. Most people go there during the hunting season.'

'Oh,' said Bella. 'Maybe I got it wrong.'

Diana quickly excused herself and took William to her room and she put him down to sleep. But quickly William woke and started crying.

'No buddy,' said Diana. 'Night-night.' She made him sit down. His cries grew more. But Diana sat down in her bed.

'Ma-ma up,' said William. He got up and screamed. 'Ma-ma. Ba-ba.'

'No,' said Diana in a angry voice. She was trying to stop his night time feeding. She was frustrated wanting to sleep. 

William looked stunned from Diana's tone. He tried to climb out again but his leg slipped and he hit his head and his cries grew even more as he stretched his hand towards her. Diana stood up and ran towards William and took him in her hand and started rubbing his head and kissing his neck.

'It's okay buddy,' said Diana as she sat down on her bed and started to nurse him. She rubbed his head trying to make him feel better. William was crying but he was clinging to Diana. Bella came to the room and joined them in bed. 

William snuggled Diana and still nursing. She rubbed his head.

'What happened?' Bella asked.

'He wanted to nurse but I was tired. He tried to climb out his slipped and hit his head,' said Diana.