9 Holding Moonwater

Start from the beginning

Axton ran wide eyed to the door of the mansion. Tye opened it hearing someone coming, and was yanked out just as quickly. " Sorry. No time.. help me carry this giant, and get me to Linzie! " He begged.

His eyes were heavy and tear stained. His cheeks were scratched up, his nose was runny. " Jason? Oh God.. what happened to you. ." If Tye didn't know better he would say Jason had found a helpless kid, and carried him back home.

But, this wasn't that kind of fairytale. This was a blood bath. He heaved Jason over his shoulders. " Grab his feet. Let's get him inside. "

Axton nodded. " I'm sorry Tye! I'm sorry! I didn't know he was taking so many hits from above! I'm small, I was below him. "

Tye kind of chuckled. " He's asleep. His torso isn't bad at all. He just needs rest, and his back needs to be looked at. " He assured. Though inside he was panicking. They went through the doors of the house, and Tye gathered the newcomers. " Infirmary this way. Hurry up, keep up. " He said jogging all the way there.

He kicked the door open, and the two laid Jason in his stomach on the nearest open cot. Tye pointed to the bed of the room. " I will kick you out of here If you get in their way. Try to be calm. "

Axton looked at the bed, and dread filled him even more. Still, he listened to Tye. The boy might be weaker than him, but he could no doubt drag him out if he had to. He slowly approached the bed side where the doctor was still working on Linzie. It looked like they were transfusing blood. He smelled Mika near, but couldn't find her. "Doc... Where is Mika?" He asked quietly. He was afraid his sister was also hurt.

His fears came true, though in a different way.

Doc smiled ruefully. " She's insisted on being Linzie's first donor. " She answered quietly. Doc pointed over to the other side of the bed. Mika was laying in the cleanest spot available, her arm wrapped in thick bandages. " She is a match for Linzie. She saved her. I was afraid Linzie would bleed out before I could get her closed. Thankfully Mika volunteered to give her a transfusion. I got her closed up, and the bleeding has stopped for the most part. I just finished her last stitches. " She moved aside.

Axton inhaled sharply. She had multiple teeth marks along her torso. They were in the shape of a crescent. " Someone bit her. Someone had her in their mouth..." He balled his hands into fists.

" Yes. And I firmly believe they are deceased. Jayce brought her in. He was covered in blood, and I don't think it was all Linzie. " She paused sniffing him.

Axton almost stepped away. " What are you doing?" He asked.

" What blood type are you?" She asked quickly.

" O negative... Why?"

"Mika was to. Can you be her next donor?" Doc asked quickly.

Axton nodded. " Anything I can do to help her I will. "

She nodded. " Thank goddess. Stay near her. " She looked around. " The Lunas are handling this beautifully. What hope for the next generation. Alpha, if the infirmary is threatened. Stand down. Let us handle it. Rest. Stay with Linzie and Mika. Protect them. " She instructed.

Axton nodded. He was a mess. His mind was in shambles. He beat his best friend. Nearly lost Linzie. Nearly lost his own life. Went on a date with Linzie. What a night. He climbed up on the foot of the bed away from the girls, and fought sleep to sit watch over them.

Doc checked on Axton hours later. He looked so child like, sitting crosslegged, propped up on his arms. She could see him fighting sleep. He was adorable, and she could tell he was lifting the tense atmosphere. The girls kept stealing glances of his as he jerked awake in and off. She placed a pillow to his side, and pushed him down. " Sleep tight Alpha. You've done a marvelous job already. "