NINE

I kept my eyes closed as I woke up. I was so warm and comfortable.

Surprisingly so.

Last I knew I was in pain all over and I felt as if my insides were going to spill out of every opening in my body. I felt stiff, and sore and as if I wouldn't be able to walk ever again.

But as I laid there in Taehyungs arms I felt amazing.

Better than amazing.

And I didn't have a headache.

Again.

Another morning with no headache?

I wonder if the venom had something to do with that. I have to remember to ask Taehyung.

He has been so nice to me. I started to believe that his initial actions towards me were genuine mistakes. He made sure I had eaten, he was worried I would die over night so he healed me with his blood, and not to mention how he was restraining himself from using his full strength.

Sure, he still hurt me, though unintentionally. But he also made sure I was okay.

Then the comment he made as I was falling asleep stated to echo through me. He didn't want me to leave him? Was he lonely? He had his brother, he had his friend Jimin.

He had no one?

As I was waking up more, I could feel the soft yet heavy breath against my neck. Taehyung had his arms wrapped around me, and his head tucked into my shoulder, just resting there. I felt his chest move up and down softly, and it felt nice. It felt so good to have someone so close. Smiling, I snuggled further into him, scooting backwards.

I could tell that we were both still naked, and I really didn't care.

He has seen me naked. He's bitten me, drank my blood, fucked me.

The shyness I once felt was long gone.

I tried relaxing back into a sleep but I couldn't. I was wide awake so I figured maybe it would be a good time to shower since he was still sleeping.

Vampire's sleep?

And breathe?

Aren't they dead?

I realized there were so many things about vampires that I didn't know yet. Maybe if I ask Taehyung, he would explain a few things.

I decided to get up, but once I opened my eyes a surge of fear spread through my body. I no longer felt any type of relaxation and each nerve in my body was springing to life again. I felt my heart race with panic, and my breath was caught in my throat.

Sitting on the floor with his knees bent, and his arms resting on them, was Jin. His eyes were seriously focused, his eye brows together and his head lilted. He was staring at me, unmoving as if he was stone.

I was surprised that my movement didn't wake Taehyung up, but only made his arms hold me tighter, somewhat painfully.

How did he get in?

How long as he been sitting there?

Why does he look so angry?

I didn't know what to say. So I didn't speak. I just laid there with Taehyung fast asleep, and wrapped around me, my eyes trapped in the gaze of the creature who almost killed me.

After a few moments, he finally spoke.

"How did you survive?" he asked me, voice low.

"Umm..."