TWENTYTHREE

I was sitting on our bed heavy in thought when Taehyung finally returned. I smiled right away when his eyes lit up at my presence and it brought me warmth.

"Hey baby." He greeted me, immediately stripping from his shirt and jacket. He started to unbuckle his belt as he walked towards me, dropping them right before he crawled up on the bed. He placed gentle loving kisses to my exposed legs before he planted his lips on mine.

The way his lips felt against mine was exhilarating. It was the most alive I felt, and technically I was no longer a living being. When he pulled back from the kiss, his eyes were conflicted.

"What is it?"

"I don't know if I want to make sweet, sweet love to you, or fuck you until you can't remember your own name." He hummed, placing another kiss to my neck. "It's very hard to decide."

I giggled as he started to straddle me, running his fingers through my hair as he continued to kiss on my face. "While you're deciding, there is something that I'd like to talk to you about."

"Hmmm." He hummed as he took hold of me and leaned backwards bringing me on top of him as he landed on his back. I threw my arms out in front of me as I laughed, catching myself so my face didn't crash into his. "And what is that?" He asked through his own laughing.

I sighed and contemplated bringing it up later. He was in such a playful mood; I didn't want to ruin it. But I knew I wouldn't be able to be fulling match his playful mood right now, so I needed to be honest.

"It's going to kill your mood." I said, pushing his hair out of his face.

He smiled warmly, grabbing my hand and kissing it. "That's okay. You can just make it up to me later."

I laughed and gave him one more long, sweet kiss, before I moved off of him and resettled in my previous spot. He lifted up, sitting cross-legged across from me, reaching for my hand.

"This is going to be a sensitive topic for you, but I'm asking that you listen, and have an open mind. Please?"

He nodded; concern clear across his face. "Did something happen while I was gone?"

"I know about Phoebe." I said, his expression softening. In truth, I thought he would get angry for meddling. He has expressed on several occasions that his issues with his brother were private, and Phoebe was for sure a private topic. But he didn't even flinch, he just looked sad.

"Who told you?"

"Hoseok mostly, but Yoongi too. They told me about when you all first met, before you became a clan and met Namjoon."

"So, what questions do you have?"

"I don't really have questions about her. She sounds like she was a wonderful person."

"She was." He nodded. "Baby, it's great that you know about her but this really isn't something that I want to talk about."

He moved to get off the bed, and I just hung my head. He never wanted to talk to me about anything serious. I guess maybe I had a misunderstanding of what being a mate was. He was off the bed, and I was still staring at my foot when he took hold of my hand. I looked up to him, and he had a sad look on his face, waiting for me to say something.

"It's just that you don't ever want to talk about things that bother you." I said. "I'm not trying to pressure you, or make you uncomfortable, or even make you relive bad memories. I just wish that you would talk to me about anything. I think I know you and then when I want to know more you kind of shut me out. I understand that there are some things that you don't want to share with me, but you haven't really shared anything with me."