do you know what pain is?

Do you know what pain is?

Pain is giving everything and then being abandoned on the road by the ones you invested in.

Pain is crying aloud but no one stops to comfort.

Pain is licking someone’s boots in worship and being kicked in the teeth.

Pain is moving across country for someone, only to be told to go home.

Pain is being told you should not feel what you feel;

Think what you think; act how you act…

Pain is having your interests ignored after looking out for so many others.

Pain is being the only one not getting ice cream after buying it for everyone else.

Pain is knowing you will cry alone tonight and every night because you aren’t important enough to anyone else for them to take the time to listen.

PAIN is realizing at the end of the day, that all the people you enjoy encouraging and smiling at didn’t notice you weren’t there.

Pain is pouring your heart out in poems that will never be read by anyone else,

In songs no one is interested in hearing.

In conversation, if brave enough, that will be ignored, interrupted or otherwise invalidated.

Pain is knowing there never really has been, or will be, anyone who will be unselfish and kind.

Pain is realizing that in the end you are on your own, and that you are unprepared because you gave everything away for people who can’t see past their own pain. 

And their hurt  . . . 

AT least Not enough to know they are hurting others.

5-11-2016