Chapter 3: Curtain Wrecking Service

(A couple of things I need to mention. This book was made before more recent episodes and therefore won't include newer characters or references [I went back and realized this was after Lena disappeared in the Shadow War, so she hadn't come back yet. Guess she's not appearing?]. Secondly, this book is a bit of a mess and I'm not sure how people stumbled upon it, but I'm trying to improve it in later chapters. Third, I am so sorry for my long hiatus, I fell out of the fandom for a period of time, and then went back into it with the motivation to finish this. Thank you for the people who added this to their lists, you're all incredible for putting up with me.)

Webby's POV

Oh, this is awesome! You would think being a cat would be annoying, but it opens up so many possibilities! Cat paws are so much quieter than duck feet. Butttttttt it also meant that Scrooge and Granny won't let us go anywhere because they think it's not safe. They've been trying to find out how to change us back.

"Webbyyyyyyyy! Guess what I can do!" Dewey shouted. Ooh, what's he up to? Dewey was standing on top of the mantel with Scrooge's gold rush days picture with a determined look on his face. Then, he leapt off and caught the curtains with his claws and climbed up them. I stared, awestruck. I bounded up the mantel to follow, jumping on the curtains and sticking like velcro. Wow, this is fun!

3rd person POV

The curtains shredded into long tendrils as the two raced to the top. A cat with a red cap trotted in, watching in horror as the curtains unfurled. He let out a yowl, scaring Webby and Dewey off the curtains and back to the floor. Marching up to them, he hissed.

"We're going to be in so much trouble! What are you supposed to do now?" Huey said, nervously shuffling his paws. Webby and Dewey seemed to realize what they had done a bit too late, looking awkward.

"You think we can fix them before Scrooge and Ms.B come out of the office?" Dewey whispered, watching the swaying curtains with strange fascination. 

"As cats? Maybe? I don't know! But we need to do it fast!" Huey urgently replied, running off to find his sewing supplies. Dewey continued to watch the curtains, flexing his claws.  Webby looked at him questioningly as the usually hyperactive kitten was hypnotized by fabric. In a sudden realization, she shouted out.

"Dewey, don't! We need to fix them before Granny notices!" She whisper-yelled, attempting to stop Dewey before he ruined the curtains more. But he had already bolted towards them, sinking his claws into the ends, fraying them into thing strings. Webby panicked, tugging him off of them. They rolled backwards into each other, scuffling momentarily before straightening themselves out. Webby eyed him warily, but Dewey was over his momentary obsession.

"I... I didn't think that would be as fun as it was." He said, with the decency to look ashamed. Webby winced at his expression.

"It's fine, I'm sure Huey can... fix it...." She trailed off, looking back to the properly destroyed curtains.